wierd heterometrus species

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hi Blooms,

Yes I think that is a Heterometrus species. If the seller is right about the locality, the options for Heterometrus species from China are limited, meaning that this taxa can' t belong to a lot of species, that kind of narrows it down....
Like I said previously, Scorpionids are not really my cup of tea, so I can't help you any further, but other members can. A bit of Googling might yield the info you are looking for.

cannabeast

Arachnosquire
haha it looks a LOT like heterometrus swammerdami. i could be wrong but i just sent 3 in the mail last week that look identical to this. of course like i said i could be very wrong and its a species that could only be differentiated by some tiny claw marking or whatever. would be nice to see these next to a coin. really cool specimen. how much did you say they are worth there?

smoking with cigarettes
waka waka
<('..')> KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

blooms

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
haha it looks a LOT like heterometrus swammerdami. i could be wrong but i just sent 3 in the mail last week that look identical to this. of course like i said i could be very wrong and its a species that could only be differentiated by some tiny claw marking or whatever. would be nice to see these next to a coin. really cool specimen. how much did you say they are worth there?

smoking with cigarettes
waka waka
<('..')> KIRBY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yesterday when I asked to photo them, the seller, who is a friend quoted me a price of 35 rmb each (that's about 6 or 7 usd). The first seller had quoted me a price of about 12 USD. If they are swatterdami, i should go pick up a few. I thought they might be, but the low price and seller's assurance that they were a chinese speaker was the reason i didn't.

RyoKenzaki

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Second H.laoticus, can u get a clear shot of the carapace?
Is the carapace smooth without any granuation?

H. laoticus

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Third for H. laoticus. A pic of the carapace as Ryo suggested will help eliminate other options.

They aren't swammerdami, but 6-7 bucks is a sweet deal :D