why.....

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
well today i was holding my 1/2" Avicularia avicularia sling! my sister who is around 2 touched it, so it jumped in her hand, my sister screamed. I couldnt calm her down and she started whacking her hand up dont back forth trying to get it off, i thought my sling was a goner, after searching for hours i decided to give up, then i felt a tingling on my chest under my shirt to find my baby avic!!!:) i put her back into her cage and moisted up her cage, i hope she will do ok! just felt the need to share this with you guys! man people have serious arachnophobic reactions:eek:

James:rolleyes:

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
I'd veture to say that most two year olds shouldn't play with spiderlings. Lesson learned atleast, eh James?

Bill

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Glad you found it James.
:D

Close call buddy.

Ernie

Godzilla2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
well today i was holding my 1/2" Avicularia avicularia sling! my sister who is around 2 touched it, so it jumped in her hand, my sister screamed. I couldnt calm her down and she started whacking her hand up dont back forth trying to get it off, i thought my sling was a goner, after searching for hours i decided to give up, then i felt a tingling on my chest under my shirt to find my baby avic!!!:) i put her back into her cage and moisted up her cage, i hope she will do ok! just felt the need to share this with you guys! man people have serious arachnophobic reactions:eek:

James:rolleyes:
My 6 year old neice hates Spiders. I had to reassure her my tarantulas would not purposefully escape from their cage and target just her. I know how kids can be around animals they don't understand. I had a 4 year old girl I babysat almost freak out when I took my Guinea Pig out of her cage. It's a good thing this little tale had a happy ending though. :)

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Wow James you got lucky! Every sling that ever got lose from me I never found again.( 2 Pterinochilus minus, and 1 Cyclosternum gaujoni) I still have high hopes for the usumbaras but not the Cyclosternum gaujoni.

The_Phantom

Scarlet O' Hairy
Old Timer
Hey James Im glad your Avic didnt get hurt or lost! Glad to hear its ok :)