Why place an order..

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Tommy,

Have faith my brother you've done more than most in this situation and I kinda agree on the "calling the cops" idea. Don't get me wrong (whoever posted) I kinda agree and it's just one hobbyist watching over another which is great but at this point it may get more weird.

While now we understand this has happened in the past I still don't think you need to (of course you can) release the name and review the buyer. I understand if you don't and I think I would do the same until at least you know the full story and what happened.

Now if this person is buying T's without permission or "bad money" for sake of argument then I would feel a review and name would be warranted but for now, until you know the whole story and have made contact, maybe silence is golden.

Wish you luck brother and hope buyer contacts you and is in good health. I kinda feel bad now bringing up the whole "what if" situation of bad health of the buyer.. I certainly didn't mean to cause undue stress but more of a general "what if" because I've been in similar situations and in one case the other person was in trouble and hospitalized.

I'm sure it will pan out and you'll learn full well what happened. Here's to hope!

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Oops! I forgot to reply.. I got busy.. Sorta..

Anyways.. No.. It didnt happen before he bought from me..

The guy bought my T's & another members T's at the same time.. The other member & myself both shipped the same day.. They attempted to deliver the packages the same day.. The packages were returned to both myself & the other member the same day..

I wont be posting a negative review.. Im not sure what happened.. As soon as the buyer contacts me.. I will decide what to do then..

I have however decided on one thing.. If/When the buyer contacts me.. I will refund the money on the spiders that are alive.. After they take their first meal from being back with me..

The shipping & the cost of the spider I had to freeze will not be refunded.. If I loose one or both of the other two T's that are alive (I doubt I will..) I will not refund the cost of those spiders.. If get back to their normal self (The way they were before I shipped them..) I will refund the buyer the cost of those spiders if/when he contacts me..

The buyer didnt seem to be a scammer.. So I dont see any point in posting a negative review.. Something seems to have happened.. But I cant say what since I dont know..

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You've got a real decent attitude to all of this. I'll keep that in mind if you're ever selling something I want to buy.

Rowdy Hotel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was the other member Redneck was referring to and I decided that I would refund the buyer the money for the living T's I got back from the package. It won't be much seeing how several bigger T's died and the inexpensive slings survived. Unfortunately my package was returned to me during a freak day when it got very hot, the high here was 91 and the box felt warm when I opened it. I still feel a sense of loss with my T's because even though I got paid for them, I sent a bunch of freebies and several T's I had raised up from slings.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I was the other member Redneck was referring to and I decided that I would refund the buyer the money for the living T's I got back from the package. It won't be much seeing how several bigger T's died and the inexpensive slings survived. Unfortunately my package was returned to me during a freak day when it got very hot, the high here was 91 and the box felt warm when I opened it. I still feel a sense of loss with my T's because even though I got paid for them, I sent a bunch of freebies and several T's I had raised up from slings.
So in doing this you found out what happened to the buyer?

While I think what you did was very generous why were they returned in the first place? Did the buyer simply reject them or was there some other circumstances that possibly you can't discuss that would have him not receive 2 different orders of T's around the same time?

Just wondering..

Rowdy Hotel

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
He never picked them up at the Post Office and I haven't heard from him since the day I told him I would ship. Plain and simple.

rustym3talh3ad

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
He never picked them up at the Post Office and I haven't heard from him since the day I told him I would ship. Plain and simple.
you know, even tho its a generous thing to do, i wouldnt issue a refund in this manner. i could understand if there was some mistake on shipping or if the package was delivered to someone while on an emergency business trip or something like that. Being someone who ships myself, i ALWAYS invite the purchaser to contact me if there is ANYTHING wrong and i will try my best to right the situation, even if its not necessary to do. But sometimes you gotta know when to put ur foot down and say no. Being that the person didnt commit to the pick up of these T's and hasnt contacted you back, i would say there needs to be blame placed for the death of your beloved pets and i dont think u should have to take the hit for it. I being a seller myself my be biting myself in the butt by saying that but its a truthful statement. u put ur time, money, hard work and love into raising those tarantulas and when someone orders something from you there has to be a line to separate appealing to the customers better nature and shafting yourself when its by no means ur fault. For you and Tommy i would simply try to contact the buyer and just say "hey man, all my hard work and time went into something that do to your neglect is now dead...sorry but no refund." and take the bad review if one comes. thats just my 200ths of a dollar.

flamesbane

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you know, even tho its a generous thing to do, i wouldnt issue a refund in this manner. i could understand if there was some mistake on shipping or if the package was delivered to someone while on an emergency business trip or something like that. Being someone who ships myself, i ALWAYS invite the purchaser to contact me if there is ANYTHING wrong and i will try my best to right the situation, even if its not necessary to do. But sometimes you gotta know when to put ur foot down and say no. Being that the person didnt commit to the pick up of these T's and hasnt contacted you back, i would say there needs to be blame placed for the death of your beloved pets and i dont think u should have to take the hit for it. I being a seller myself my be biting myself in the butt by saying that but its a truthful statement. u put ur time, money, hard work and love into raising those tarantulas and when someone orders something from you there has to be a line to separate appealing to the customers better nature and shafting yourself when its by no means ur fault. For you and Tommy i would simply try to contact the buyer and just say "hey man, all my hard work and time went into something that do to your neglect is now dead...sorry but no refund." and take the bad review if one comes. thats just my 200ths of a dollar.
I am pretty sure they were only planning on refunding the price of living tarantulas, not the dead tarantulas or shipping costs.

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I agree with rustym3talh3ad Unless the vanished buyer comes up with a really good story, no refund is owed. Both sellers in this case did everything they needed to do, and even more. We don't know what happened at the buyer's end, but he's made no effort to communicate or take any responsibility. He knew shipments were coming in, and if he wasn't able to pick them up himslef he should have had someone else do it for him or had someone contact the sellers. If something disasterous happened to the buyer, someone should have been following up to deal with landlords, bill-paying, etc., and they should have picked up the package or contacted the sellers.

Nicole

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think the way the involved parties have handled this situation is quite commendable. With no knowledge of what happened on the buyer's end, it would be easy to jump to conclusions (as some posters have done :/), but that hasn't happened here. It is unfortunate that some spiders were lost, but it is impossible to place blame anywhere without more information, IMO.

Hats off to you two as sellers :clap: