Why isn't she eating??!!??

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
I have a sub adult Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens who has molted at least two months ago now maybe a little less. She will not eat and I am getting worried. She always seems to be active moving about her enclosure and webbing it up like crazy, but she won't touch food. I've tried different kinds of roaches and crickets but she won't eat anything. I just wanted to post hear to you lovely people and see if I should continue to worry or just continue to carry on making sure she has water and trying to feed her. Like is she just doing spidery things and fasting for a really long time. I would be less worried if it wasn't after a molt like this. She is super skinny and I do not like it one bit. Any info or possible answers would be great, thank you in advance!

spookyvibes

Arachnobaron
Looks like a mature male to me. He would be less interested in food, and more interested in creating sperm webs and looking for a lady.
Definitely agree with this, he looks mighty leggy, his pedipalps look really bulbous, and the behavior you're describing definitely sounds like mature male behavior to me.

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
waas totally sold to me as a female.. thank you for clearing that up errybody bummed about the whole male thing but i feel much better knowing why she... he won't eat :(

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
waas totally sold to me as a female.. thank you for clearing that up errybody bummed about the whole male thing but i feel much better knowing why she... he won't eat :(
That’s so not right for them to do that to you. I’d email them and complain.

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Sorry, that lovely lady is a dude. I agree that you should definitely contact the seller. If you can’t get them to make it right then loan him or trade him for some new slings.

Tenebrarius

Arachnoangel
WOAH those are some big bulbs on that QT3.14, :troll:

yeah definitely, male mate.

MMs die pretty quick after maturing, sorry bout that.

but it's pretty normal for males to stop eating and go into mating mode.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I'd get in touch with the seller to try and sort something out.

On the plus side, there is a large demand for males of this species so you shouldn't have a problem shifting him on to a breeder if you want to go down that route.

mazzzz

Arachnosquire
Yes I’m going to attempt to get in touch with the seller problem is I’m not sure I know who it was cause it was at a show.. but thanks all I’ll figure something out.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Yes I’m going to attempt to get in touch with the seller problem is I’m not sure I know who it was cause it was at a show.. but thanks all I’ll figure something out.
That is some mighty shady business practice there. I would not do business with a vendor that was selling males as females.