why is there a water drop??

Trevis

Arachnopeon
For a newbie like me its weird...why is there a couple water drop since i didnt mist it...is it my b.klassi pee?

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Why don't you post a pic? Spiders don't produce urine like us, but produce uric acid, which doesn't dissolve in water and is a semi-solid pasty white coloration.

Trevis

Arachnopeon
I dont believe what i just saw guys,a fluid come out from its mouth,not white its like water transparent....helppp?

Sarkhan42

Arachnoangel
I dont believe what i just saw guys,a fluid come out from its mouth,not white its like water transparent....helppp?
That would be the liquid(I actually can't remember the scientific term for it :banghead:) that they use when grooming(specifically that's for cleaning the mouth area), you'll see them run their legs by their mouth, and almost look like they're chewing them sometimes. It's just them keeping clean.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
That's perfectly normal, "An intestinal discharge of fluid cleans
them off the platelets and to the outside regions of the mouth, where the spider removes them with its pedipalps." last sentences of page 4 basically fluid to clean off debris from an episode of feeding etc.http://atshq.org/articles/Digestion.pdf

Last edited:

cold blood

Staff member
Typical grooming.
This is the photo...
Those deli cups need to be properly ventilated, there should be a few rings of ventilation around the sides, just a couple on the lid to prevent condensation. Having the venting only on the lid means it will dry out significantly quicker and not hold any kind of micro-climate....too much top venting is a serious detriment to raising slings especially.

They might be hidden from the angle of the pic, but make sure they have water dishes.