Why is my tarantula doing this????

PeanutButter11

Arachnosquire
For the past couple tries of me feeding my tarantula she has been doing this. It looks like she is hungry and goes for the worm but then just stops. She was out of her burrow originally but by the time I took the video she did that 4 other times and went back in. She molted around 20 days ago and her abdomen doesn't look big enough for her to not eat. The picture is from when she molted and her abdomen is a little smaller now. She hasnt eaten since she went into pre molt. She is around a 5” legspan (i can’t remember what its called😅) . Let me know if you need anymore info.

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
She hasnt eaten since she went into pre molt.
This is pretty normal and how it works, and honestly most photos of tarantulas people post have eaten far more than they actually need. Despite how the hobby treats them, tarantulas need far less than you’d think to prepare for a molt. And despite that it’s not abnormal for a tarantula to refuse and then layer resume. Why!? Who know but doesn’t make much of a difference. It will eat when it’s ready to, likely not before that. Until then wait!