Why is my leopard gecko's always closed

Ghost in Souls

Arachnopeon
So I recently got a diablo blanco hatchling that's about a month or less. I have had him for 4 days and I've rarely seen him open his eyes, it's almost closed 24/7. Could it be of the red eyes? He also isn't eating but he shed a day before my failed attempt to feed him. Also if he has his eyes closed how is he gonna eat?

Wesley Smith

Arachnoknight
Not really a reptile site but I have some experience. What are your temps and humidity levels? Does he have a hide, if so does he have a humid and dry hide? What is the hot spot, what heating sources do you use, and lastly, what are you attempting to feed your gecko? With limited explanation many questions need to be answered.

Ghost in Souls

Arachnopeon
Not really a reptile site but I have some experience. What are your temps and humidity levels? Does he have a hide, if so does he have a humid and dry hide? What is the hot spot, what heating sources do you use, and lastly, what are you attempting to feed your gecko? With limited explanation many questions need to be answered.
Humidity is not high, definitely below 50%, temps are 90-95 hotspot, 80-85 ambient, he has one hide that he just shed in, i use a heat pad, i'm attempting to feed him mealworm longer than his eyes width and he did not take it but i doubt its because of size