Why is my emperor scorpion green?

Zodiac

Arachnopeon
I went on vacation a week ago and when I left he was black, like he should be. While I was on my trip my friend told me that he had turned a vey noticeable dark, almost swampy green. He still looks healthy and has no mites, and he's still quick, but also calm when I pick him up.

What could have caused this colour change?

TheHolyToast

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think all Emps have a green hue to them. It just depends on the angle or lighting, you look at them or something.

Zodiac

Arachnopeon
He doesn't look very bloated...

Here is a picture of him under a regular light :

Does it look like a natural colour? I've never seen one like this before.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
that color is from the UV in sunlight flourescing the scorpion a little bit. i think it is a rather neat effect

groovyspider

Arachnoknight
He doesn't look very bloated...

Here is a picture of him under a regular light :

Does it look like a natural colour? I've never seen one like this before.[/
HA looks like gumby found a nice scorpion XD

Obelisk

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
They flouresce if exposed to UV rays. It could be from an aquarium light or even from a small amount of direct sunlight.

Jorpion

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is completely normal. As everyone said, it's due to lighting. All of my adults emps look this way.

dairy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not to belabor the point but definitely not getting ready for a molt. You have a mature emp there - it will never molt again. If it starts to look fat it's exactly that - fat :)

If you really want to see a green scorp get a black light. The florescence from the sun doesn't even compare to what they look like under a black light. On that note, extended exposure is harmful. It's alright to use a black light to find a scorp or take pictures etc but don't leave it on him.

One of my old scorps under a black light

Cnorris

Arachnopeon
It's amazing that the effect is noticeable in bright sunlight. I've had mine a year and cleaned it out yesterday and saw that it was the same colour. I had assumed it was something to do with it being in a burrow for months. He was very aggressive as well. Glad it's nothing to worry abut.