Why is my b vagans more like arboreal then terresterial

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
guessing from the look of the sub (looks loose still doesnt have that settled lived in look) its a new t? or newly rehoused t . it still just settling in most likely. but i would second what @Poonjab said about the sub like a good 6 inches or more to prevent risk of fall injury

Luconi998

Arachnopeon
@kingshockey yes its my first t, i got her like a month ago, and took it along with the enclosure and sub, so should i add more sub to prevent her from falling down from glass on that rock, but im thinkin’ if i add more sub i will bury her hide she made up :anxious: sorry if im bothering u with too many questions but i have to learn a lot more about ts

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
@kingshockey yes its my first t, i got her like a month ago, and took it along with the enclosure and sub, so should i add more sub to prevent her from falling down from glass on that rock, but im thinkin’ if i add more sub i will bury her hide she made up :anxious: sorry if im bothering u with too many questions but i have to learn a lot more about ts
welcome to the forumsand congratulations on your new t yeah you should add more sub(pack down the sub to) what type of hide are you using?you can also just make a starter hole for it in the corner or side(where you can see it) and hopefully if it decides to dig there you will be able to see it still then dont worry about questions we are all here to help ( some are more blunt than others but all want to see your t live a long life with you) good luck and make use of the search function lots of information to be found there

Luconi998

Arachnopeon
Thank u a lot, im not using any hide now t digged down under rock by herself and made a hide, every time she comes out it going straight to the glass and up to the top, but i noticed she is pretty good alpinist :rofl: im taking that advice from u and im going to buy more sub and some sort of hide to add in her enclosure, thank u again for the time for explaining me what to do:happy:

Chebe6886

Arachnobaron
Definitely DONT let your T burrow under a rock. They can shift and fall on the T trapping it, hurting it, or outright kil l it
if I put a rock in an enclosure it glued to the bottom pane of glass/plastic so it can’t shift. Usually I just avoid anything that’s heavy though unless it’s a forever home of a display T

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
Thank u a lot, im not using any hide now t digged down under rock by herself and made a hide, every time she comes out it going straight to the glass and up to the top, but i noticed she is pretty good alpinist :rofl: im taking that advice from u and im going to buy more sub and some sort of hide to add in her enclosure, thank u again for the time for explaining me what to do:happy:
your very welcome if you can try and get a nice flat piece of cork wood for its hide and just swap it with the rock

sorry didnt read your other reply about the rock glued to the side

Luconi998

Arachnopeon
sorry didnt read your other reply about the rock glued to the side
Np thank u anyway for help :happy:

@kingshockey and i got one more question, can i add more sub without getting her out of enclosure, beacuse i dont want to stress her, and she is also easy on kicking hairs with minimal disturbing :(

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
you can but its not going to stress her really putting her into a cup while you add more sub she hasnt fully settled yet still since she is climbing glass still your leaving the rock even though its going to be burried? cause it will for sure once you have gotten it to a fairly safe level for herif you plan to reglue it then you must remove her to another room until the glue cures and the room has aired out good sorry dont mean to add more work and stuff for you to be doing

Luconi998

Arachnopeon
you can but its not going to stress her really putting her into a cup while you add more sub she hasnt fully settled yet still since she is climbing glass still your leaving the rock even though its going to be burried? cause it will for sure once you have gotten it to a fairly safe level for herif you plan to reglue it then you must remove her to another room until the glue cures and the room has aired out good sorry dont mean to add more work and stuff for you to be doing
Okay im gonna set up an enclosure better for her, and add more sub

Jess S

Arachnobaron
@kingshockey and i got one more question, can i add more sub without getting her out of enclosure, beacuse i dont want to stress her, and she is also easy on kicking hairs with minimal disturbing :(
Just pop a tub over her, taking care not to catch one of her legs, and slide a piece of cardboard underneath. Lift it out and put down somewhere safe.

After you've sorted the enclosure, put the tub back in. Slide the cardboard away. Then use your tongs to gently tip the tub over on its side. You'll find she will probably be clinging to the side of it, and is reluctant to get out.

You can either use a paintbrush to get her to leave, or just leave it in and let her vacate it in her own time. Then you can retrieve it when you feel it's safe to do so.

Luconi998

Arachnopeon
Just pop a tub over her, taking care not to catch one of her legs, and slide a piece of cardboard underneath. Lift it out and put down somewhere safe.

After you've sorted the enclosure, put the tub back in. Slide the cardboard away. Then use your tongs to gently tip the tub over on its side. You'll find she will probably be clinging to the side of it, and is reluctant to get out.

You can either use a paintbrush to get her to leave, or just leave it in and let her vacate it in her own time. Then you can retrieve it when you feel it's safe to do so.
Thanks for explanation how to do it, i saw some tutorials on youtube with similar metods like your :)

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
A bit off topic,but i recognized the build of the enclosure and i right away knew youre from Serbia :)
Welcome,im glad that the community in our country is expanding.

One wrong thing about his build is the mesh screen that is used as ventilation.
My T. Albo lost a fang to that mesh screen before i knew any better.
Get that replaced ASAP

Luconi998

Arachnopeon
@vicareux hahahah yes i am from Serbia, thanks im glad that im not the only serb here :rofl: i have to tell you that i dont like this mesh screen too, and im thinking to replace it with something safer for T