Why is it so exciting when your T's molt?

Jimi Thing

Arachnopeon
I just had 4 out of my 7 T's molt in the past week.
GBB
P Regalis
B Smithi
A Versicolor

I was pretty excited when the first one molted then the other three decided to follow, wish I would've set up a cam or something.
:)

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
That’s just dandy! I had 4-in-a-row recently too – and I get all excited like you … several reasons come to (my) mind …

1 – First of all, I think it’s one of, if not THE, wierdest events in God’s creation – “alien” is one figure of speech that might apply – and if I’m lucky enough to be on hand to witness it (Ts are notorious for waiting until nobody else is in the room), well, that’s EXCITING – (and I always try to have my camera ready, just in case …)

2) anytime I catch my Tarantula doing ANYTHING that involves doing SOMETHING, it's cause for excitement (feeding time is exciting in that sense - handling too) – the “pet rock” routine can get pretty dull, pretty fast – and "pet hole"? Let’s not even go there …

3) and speaking of pretty, the T’s markings and coloration are usually at their most vivid and vibrant after a molt – THAT’S exciting …

4) if I’m quick enough to beat my freshly molted T to the punch, I get to keep fossilized souvenirs of his growth rate, in the form of exoskeletal exuvia (shed skins …) – THAT’S exciting … have a look at my GBB …

5) most of all, a molt means that my baby is happy and healthy and growing … ALWAYS good, always EXCITING !!!

killy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
In some cases, there is a big change. Like when my P. nigricolor went from this:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=19841&c=45

to this:
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/gallery/showimage.php?i=19834&c=45

It's just a shame that only mature males get this colorfull!
STUNNING. Thus adding considerable weight to my point #3. I rest my case your honor.

Your photos remind me of an exchange from "The Color Purple" ...

Shug: More than anything God love admiration.
Celie: You saying God is vain?
Shug: No, not vain, just wanting to share a good thing. I think it pisses God off when you walk by the colour purple in a field and don't notice it.

Good thing you noticed it. Thanks for sharing!