Why I think a tarantula is the perfect pet for me

Nibbles

Arachnopeon
1. Spiders are probably my favorite creatures in the animal kingdom

2. I’d rather have a T than the conventional cute and cuddly pet like a dog or something. This reminds me of a comment I read about walking a spider. It makes me laugh to imagine walking a large tarantula down the street on a string. Of course I wouldn’t actually do that.

3. I’m very patient so I don’t mind them taking awhile to reach their adult size. That makes it more fun in my opinion.

4. I prefer a pet that you don’t touch and is nice to look at.

CaptainArachnid

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the club! Any ideas what you want to get as you first species? Definitely would recommend the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens or Green Bottle Blue. That was mine, They actually change colors from sling to adult hood. besides being beautiful, They have a great feeding response and are just fun to watch. They web up everything, and love just chilling out on display. At least mine does. The only real downside is they can't be a little skittish and fast. But you it's great practice for eventually getting into old world species. I'm always careful when I feed and water her that she's not near the door I open so I'm chilling if she decides to bolt, I always have my catch cup ready anyways. But so far she hasn't.

Nibbles

Arachnopeon
Welcome to the club! Any ideas what you want to get as you first species? Definitely would recommend the Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens or Green Bottle Blue. That was mine, They actually change colors from sling to adult hood. besides being beautiful, They have a great feeding response and are just fun to watch. They web up everything, and love just chilling out on display. At least mine does. The only real downside is they can't be a little skittish and fast. But you it's great practice for eventually getting into old world species. I'm always careful when I feed and water her that she's not near the door I open so I'm chilling if she decides to bolt, I always have my catch cup ready anyways. But so far she hasn't.
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion! I actually have my first already, b. hamorii. BUT I’m looking forward to branching out into more beginner species. Maybe a GBB can be my second 😅

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Don't forget about A. geniculata or T. vagans! They're both great beginner species in my opinion.

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If you want to up your Brachy game, definitely consider both B. boehmei and B. emilia down the road. Both are stunners and look just as good as B. hamorii.

WhiteMoss

Arachnosquire
B. Klaasi is another great brachy sp. They're absolutely stunning to look at and fairly beefy sp. as well. Most other traits are similar to other brachys. When I got my first it shot right to the top of my favorite brachypelmas and I immediately got another 😆

RadicalSquire7

Arachnosquire
Don't forget about A. geniculata or T. vagans! They're both great beginner species in my opinion.
I'd be careful with T.Vagans depends on the specimen but the male I had was very spunky and not how they are always talked about.

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I'd be careful with T.Vagans depends on the specimen but the male I had was very spunky and not how they are always talked about.
My female can be a bit skittish at times, but hasn't given me any issues

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
What makes tarantulas so awesome is that they adjust their enclosure to their liking, moving stuff around, making burrows and laying down web.