Why don't those babies grow?

boina

Lady of the mites
My T. cyaneolum WC female had a sac last year. For the most part the slings developed well, but there were a couple that weren't:
IMG_4005a.jpg
on the right is a normal sized sling and on the left are those that won't grow. Does that happen often? What's wrong with them? Can I do something? Both have molted a couple of times, but they've hardly grown at all during each molt and they only eat prekilled and even that only rarely. :(

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Ah ah, they look like Arnold and Willis from Diff'rent Strokes :)

Uh, they will grow. Probably :-s

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I have three Lp's that I got the same size...liiiitle bitty things. All three are now noticeably different in size from one another. Rollo is the biggest, already sporting all adult coloring. Topsy is just a molt behind Rollo. And Starbuck is three molts behind Rollo, and significantly smaller. All housed, fed and watered identically. Who knows???

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
I had a M. balfouri for two years who wouldn't get past 1". Sadly he passed away. Chances are they're just genetically stunted.

cold blood

Staff member
most live and eventually grow to normal adults...occassionally one dies here and there, but usually if that happens, its early in life.