WHY do people cross breed T's??

Ghost Dragon

Arachnopeon
I think we can all agree that cross breeding T's is a bad idea.....

I'm curious as to WHY people do it... and the reason I ask is, my ex has just come into possession of a hybrid. It took us a while to find out it was a cross between a G. rosea & something else, and something arboreal, by the way it was forever climbing the sides of its enclosure...... Come to find out the other parental contributor was a P. regalis.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon

I'm curious as to WHY people do it... and the reason I ask is, my ex has just come into possession of a hybrid. It took us a while to find out it was a cross between a G. rosea & something else, and something arboreal, by the way it was forever climbing the sides of its enclosure...... Come to find out the other parental contributor was a P. regalis.
Weird... I didn't think hybrids BTW grammostola and poec was possible?

Pics maybe?

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Curiosity, stupidity and irresponsibility my friend... those are the main reasons

Edit: lets not forget the lack of knowledge!

---------- Post added 03-16-2015 at 06:08 PM ----------

Weird... I didn't think hybrids BTW grammostola and poec was possible?

Pics maybe?
Same thought here, pics would be awesome

Last edited:

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Someone is blowing smoke up your ex's bum... hybrids happen for a few reasons... First some hobbyists just don't know the correct knowledge, pet stores and most importers don't know what they have or care what they have... Some hobbyists like to experiment.

I plan to mix P metallica with P rufilata. If I produce a sac which most hybrid breedings aren't successful. I won't sell any slings I just wanna see if can play god and get my giant blue green tarantula. Also my tainted bloodlines won't ever be bred. And no I will not being doing this with any other species. ( I'm waiting for a few hobbyists to blow up at me lol)

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Someone is blowing smoke up your ex's bum... hybrids happen a few reasons... First some hobbyists just don't know the correct knowledge, pets tore and most importers don't know what they have or care what they have... Some hobbyists like to experiment.

I plan to mix P metallica with P rufilata. If I produce a sac which most hybrid breedings aren't successful. I won't sell any slings I just wanna see if uh can play god and get my giant blue green tarantula. Also my tainted bloodlines won't ever be bred( I'm waiting for a few hobbyists to blow up at me lol)
Are you trolling? Or are you serious?

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Serious as a heart attack. It would be interesting to see what genes actually become dominant.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would never sell my collection. I sold stuff last year and it wasn't even worth it. I'll be making good money soon. My mom loves my tarantula's to death. Like I said before "if" I produce a sac. Most hybrid sacs seem to be sterile or the mommy eats it. I know of a guy breeding P irimina and P cambridgei. The MOTHERS ate the sac everytime. My hybrids won't go anywhere. I wouldn't let that happen.

I think there could be some interesting data from trying to hybridized. Do you know how many of my poor Avicularia have been hybridized due to the ignorance of humans? Too many to count.

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I would never sell my collection. I sold stuff last year and it wasn't even worth it. I'll be making good money soon. My mom loves my tarantula's to death. Like I said before "if" I produce a sac. Most hybrid sacs seem to be sterile or the mommy eats it. I know of a guy breeding P irimina and P cambridgei. The MOTHERS ate the sac everytime. My hybrids won't go anywhere. I wouldn't let that happen.
I have a possible P. Irminia P. Cambridge hybrid..

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Some people mistake their cambridgei and irimina for being hybrids.

Don't forget tarantulas use pheromones for everything including breeding. MY girls might actually eat their breeding meals and not breed with them at all.

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Some people mistake their cambridgei and irimina for being hybrids.

Don't forget tarantulas use pheromones for everything including breeding. MY girls might actually eat their breeding meals and not breed with them at all.
You can look at my picture thread, there's a lot of pictures of her.. I have P. Irminias, she looks nothing like Irminia, she's either a weird looking cambridgei or hybrid

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I believe there's hybrids out there, but not every tarantula in that species will look exactly the same. I've had three different P mets from different sacs and they weren't the same.

Genetics control everything..... Unfortunately, we are our parents. For good or for worse.

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
I believe there's hybrids out there, but not every tarantula in that species will look exactly the same. I had three different P mets from different sacs and they weren't the same.
I completely understand, thus why I say 'possible', still waiting for the bugger to molt lol.. but if you see the pics, you'll understand the debate on her being hybrid.. I mean.. she's really WEIRD looking, not different, but WEIRD

View attachment 135042

freedumbdclxvi

Arachnoprince

I'm calling BS on this.

fuzzyavics72

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She's NOT weird at all. She's..... so beautiful. She has the bright green from cambridgei, while having the irimina bumble butt pattern.

Last edited:

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
She's NOT weird at all. She's..... so beautiful. She has the bright green from cambridgei/ while having the irimina bumble butt pattern.
IMO she has the colour of the irminia on her abdomen but the pattern of the cambridgei.. she was labled P. Irminia, but looks and acts like cambridgei.. so anxiously waiting for her to molt

---------- Post added 03-16-2015 at 06:53 PM ----------

I'm calling BS on this.
Yeah, that's why we asked for a pic lol

lalberts9310

Arachnoprince
Nope that's wrong. Cambridgei have the green. Look at my picture below:
No man.. I mean the pattern on the abdomen looks cambridgei.. the colour of the abdomen, its more Irminia (the abdomen literally looks like a mix between the two).. she's very dark grey but not black, with the olive drab sheen