Why are jumping spiders in the pet trade?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
I just visited your site, it says you have nothing to sell, made me sad.
Well, since the post you are quoting is three years old, it doesn't surprise me that he had nothing for sale any more. Next time check dates before quoting ;)

Draketeeth

Arachnoknight
Very likely they are between breedings at the moment. I would check again later or shoot them a friendly e-mail inquiring about later availability.

Jumping spiders are super cute. I currently have one as a temporary guest. It molted and is eating ferociously. Silly thing was over-wintering in the house and decided to come out and drop on my sister. Whoops! So now it lives in my room till spring.

Would love to acquire a more colorful species than the p. audax I can find locally, but raising those tiny babies is nerve wrecking. Wish they had longer lifespans too. Little gems like these deserved longer, they're such characters!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Wait until things warm up a bit. I wouldn't be surprised if he's waiting for sacs to hatch or just bred some adults recently.

piggy145

Arachnopeon
The owner of phids.net recently took a break from the hobby, he might return or he might not. Check their Facebook page for more details.

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
I eagerly check phids damn near weekly for some jumpers hopefully the owner gets back into it

piggy145

Arachnopeon
I eagerly check phids damn near weekly for some jumpers hopefully the owner gets back into it
There's a Facebook group that has of many of their members selling this up coming spring. Some Hyllus or Phiddipus might be available for purchase if your looking for a phid.

RepugnantOoze

Arachnosquire
There's a Facebook group that has of many of their members selling this up coming spring. Some Hyllus or Phiddipus might be available for purchase if your looking for a phid.
Hmm i should check FB for inverts more often

piggy145

Arachnopeon
If you really want a phid right now, Ken the bug guy has some reguis for sale. I don't know if they are captive bred or wild caught through. I wouldn't recommend wild caught unless you're willing to roll the dice on lifespan

Em the bug

Arachnopeon
The Spider Shop have some P. Regius for sale at the moment, if you're in the UK.