Whose T has gone the longest without eating?

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Hey all,

To those of us with Ts who refuse food like it's their day job: how long has it been since yours ate? Someone made a thread about this a few years back but it was more on "how long was your T in premoult and not eating before they moulted?" I'd love know if anyone can beat my G. porteri at 667 days (or 1 year, 9 months, and 4 weeks for the layman) of not eating in my care. It's definitely been longer than that for her since the previous owner didn't know how long it'd been since she ate but I'll take the 667.

Table

Arachnosquire
My Aphonopelma chalcodes is currently on a hunger strike, I'm still relitivly new so I haven't had her for that long but she just hit 4 months. she's Def my favorite pet rock.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
I quit feeding @Craig73 over a year ago, not quite as long as OP, but I don't plan on giving him anymore crickets for awhile.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
Did he burrow yet? Or is he just ignoring food out in the open?
Well he's arboreal and won't get off the damn door, so his hunger strike is now affecting my ability to give him any water. No webbing, I'd say I'm worried but I just have to remember his species is stubborn. #ClassicCraigProblems

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
My G. pulchripes hasn't eaten in 2 years and 7 months. I'm sure there are G. porteri/rosea and some Aphonopelma specimens that blow this away, though.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
My G. pulchripes hasn't eaten in 2 years and 7 months. I'm sure there are G. porteri/rosea and some Aphonopelma specimens that blow this away, though.
Dang, you got me! Gotta keep my T's training up if she's gonna win the "fasting of the decade" award.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Hey all,

To those of us with Ts who refuse food like it's their day job: how long has it been since yours ate? Someone made a thread about this a few years back but it was more on "how long was your T in premoult and not eating before they moulted?" I'd love know if anyone can beat my G. porteri at 667 days (or 1 year, 9 months, and 4 weeks for the layman) of not eating in my care. It's definitely been longer than that for her since the previous owner didn't know how long it'd been since she ate but I'll take the 667.
An albo of mine did 18 months once, and followed that up with 20 months

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Tbh, only three of my tarantulas have ever refused to eat for more than 2 months.

AF A. chalcodes (8 months)
5cm B. albiceps (5 months)
1cm A. bicoloratum sling (just over 5 months).

KeGathings17

Arachnosquire
Ha! My G. porteri has been fasting for a couple months now, I think her record was close to a year, or just over. Amazes me just how these animals can survive that long without eating.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
my AF A chalcodes is going on about 6-7 months.

Tbh, only three of my tarantulas have ever refused to eat for more than 2 months.

AF A. chalcodes (8 months)
5cm B. albiceps (5 months)
1cm A. bicoloratum sling (just over 5 months).
I have an A bicoloratum sling I have not seen yet. There has been construction and now it has sealed its hole up. I am assuming it is pre molt, from what I can glean this in not uncommon, can you confirm?
thx

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I have an A bicoloratum sling I have not seen yet. There has been construction and now it has sealed its hole up. I am assuming it is pre molt, from what I can glean this in not uncommon, can you confirm?
Probably, mine tends to seal itself in when it's about to moult (by "about to moult" I mean "anything up to 5+ months prior to moulting").

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
yeah, mine has done the seal so I don't want to stress a molt. "I am thinking I may own this T half a year without actually ever seeing it"

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Personal experience:
First time in decades I'm passing through a several months fasting situation, lol. AGrammostola rosea RCF that hasnt eaten for 11 months now, other times were six, seven months max.

Read it on TTKG, page 89, and I'll quote:
"There have also been anedoctal reports of Grammostola rosea in private homes voluntarily fasting for two years or more with few signs of distress, and several reports of G. rosea surviving three years before finally succumbing to starvation."

Have you ever heard or saw a tarantula fasting for three years?

Tarantulasora

Arachnopeon
3 years. My rose hair. I had this spider for 5 years. 3 of them she did not eat, then one day she molts and dies. I was so so so sad/annoyed I stopped keeping tarantulas for 5 years. I just started again in July i currently have around 20 atm.