Whose is the bluest?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Here's mine on the day of a molt. I've seen bluer cobalts but i still think this is one sexy girl!

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Heres some old pictures of mine before it died due to a bad molt...

poor girl..

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Are you sure thats a H.lividum? The yellow markings on it's legs throw me off a bit. Got any other pictures of it.
I kinda wondered about that too. Where are the black femurs?

Novak, is that last pic your girl during the afore-mentioned bad molt? If so that's a sad picture... Beautiful t tho'.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Novak -

Here is another picture.

The haplopelma saga started with me buying a H.albostrium from 'the spider shop'. A very dark grey/black striped tiger arrived with the gold on the legs. Looking at the genus photos of H.albostratium I said to Julie my daughter ( who is Lima Mike Squared ) this spider doesn't look like an 'albo'. Then she moulted into this electric blue. Had to be a cobalt. I have seen other photos of cobalts like her. They sell them over here as a 'dark form' Cobalt blue, and they are smaller and more 'racey' looking than the other variety.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
..... and another down her burrow

She has gone very dark again now, looking nearly black with the gold leg markings. You can just make out her tiger stripes. Put a good torch on her though and her legs are blue. She is also even tempered, although I don't interfere with her burrow, in the open she is easy to pot up.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The 'Tarantula Store' has a mystery spider thread. You post photos for people to guess. They said Minax and various others before settling on the cobalt.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
a very nice ( t ) :clap: :clap: :worship: :worship: to you and the ( t ) :) ;) ;) ~~~~ PHIL

Becky

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Definately not a lividum. Looks more like Haplopelma albostriatum to me.

My Burmese Form lividum female:

And here is my albostriatum female:

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer

I e-mailed Lee and said "my lovely albostratium you sold me has turned a very impressive shade of blue!" to which he replied " I'm sorry, but if it's blue then I've sent you a lividum"

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Plus the gold doen't rrun right down her legs like the albostratium, it is just on the top much like your lividum's.
I can see why Lee would label her as such, it would have been interesting to know what every one else recieved when they ordered them.

phil jones

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
hi so did they send you the wrong ( t ) ? if yes are you happy with it if not what can you do now ? its a bit :confused: :? i think ;) ~~~~ PHIL