>>Here<< is a photo of sth blue - probably some kind of Haplopelma,
but its not Haplopelma lividum.
Maybe the same species... Maybe not :)

Cheers,
Tom

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Woooo, I've never seen that one before, that does look like her. She is definitley a lighter built Haplopelma like the one in the picture. I wonder if it darkens off like she does some time after a moult. I'll have to look into that one.

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ah, Tajlandia is Tailand, so the lividum has 2 varients then, the Tajlandia form from Tailand, and the Burmese varient from Burma ( now Mianma ). That may be our dark form that is sold over here, probably a common name for the Tajlandia varient ??

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Novak -

Here is another picture.

The haplopelma saga started with me buying a H.albostrium from 'the spider shop'. A very dark grey/black striped tiger arrived with the gold on the legs. Looking at the genus photos of H.albostratium I said to Julie my daughter ( who is Lima Mike Squared ) this spider doesn't look like an 'albo'. Then she moulted into this electric blue. Had to be a cobalt. I have seen other photos of cobalts like her. They sell them over here as a 'dark form' Cobalt blue, and they are smaller and more 'racey' looking than the other variety.
looks like its possibly h.longipes.they can actually show a bit of blue after molting.