Who's picture is this?

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
HI again, this is the best picture of a cobalt i have ever seen and would like to use it on my website, but i forget whose it is. If it is yours or know who it is please tell me and let me know if i can use it or not thanks!!

Attachments

Ropes4u

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I do not know but it is a damm nice one.. and a gorgeous spider if I may say so ;o)

Ropes

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow that is amazing. I never really payed much attention to this species but that picture is brilliant.

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yup, it is definately tom schumm's. There is no copyright on the picture or the page so i can use it hehe, but ill e-mail him for permission.

Mark

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Spider_savior
Um, what kind is it ? Cobalt blue ? I want one now !!!
Keep in mind that you only get to see them if you dig them up or it is that time of the decade. They are very secretive spiders.

Cheers,
Dave

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by skinheaddave
Keep in mind that you only get to see them if you dig them up or it is that time of the decade. They are very secretive spiders.

Cheers,
Dave
also, the brilliant blue as shown in that picture is not readily viewable without bright lighting, we all know how t's, moreso with secretive t's feel about bright lighting. not all lividums will be that blue also. I had several lividums but I rarely saw them out of their burrows, I ended up selling or trading them off.
Ed

Vys

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yes, and he did state he manipulated them some in some such program. That always preys on my mind..how much 'cosmetics' has this picture recieved?

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
these are not manipulated, just a flash on the digi cam. They seem to change colors in the light..this one looks almost purple in spots

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here is the underside of her....brilliant colors as well

Last edited:

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
OK then, i will FOR SURE be asking for permision as i said i would above, the last thing i want is people mad at me and sueing me :D

Mark

Chris

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Originally posted by Immortal_sin
these are not manipulated, just a flash on the digi cam. They seem to change colors in the light..this one looks almost purple in spots
hell... I dunno how anyone photographs their topsides lol all I ever seem to see is mine on her hind legs threatening me!

najig21

Arachnopeon
Well I think we've established that the picture belongs to Phong's Tarantula site. And all the copyright laws and such. But I must comment that www.bighairyspiders.com is a fantastic site. One of the best I have seen. It's a shame he doesn't want to update it more. Eh?

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Vys
Yes, and he did state he manipulated them some in some such program. That always preys on my mind..how much 'cosmetics' has this picture recieved?
Well, the pic is OBVIOUSLY Photoshopped... if you look close, you can tell that the Cobalt is *not quite* standing on the ground... it is apparently a pic of a cobalt transposed over a better-looking substrate. The spider's coloring appears to be genuine, but the composition of the shot is definitely fabricated...