Whoooo hooooo

Abyss

Arachnoknight
P. metallica sealed up all 3 exits to her hide........
Whos up for a pre-moult party!!!!!!!

Who else as that special T currently tucked away pending a growth spurt???

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It's always awesome when you see a T emerge for the first time looking for food :D

Currently, my C. darlingi and M. robustum are deep in their burrows. Just waiting...

Abyss

Arachnoknight
It's always awesome when you see a T emerge for the first time looking for food :D

Currently, my C. darlingi and M. robustum are deep in their burrows. Just waiting...
Ah pre-moult, the T does absolutly
Nothing yet Its prob the most exciting time with the least ammount of action lol.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Those are always exciting times. I just had one of my H. macs come out of it's web domain nearly twice the size and needing a rehouse.

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Those are always exciting times. I just had one of my H. macs come out of it's web domain nearly twice the size and needing a rehouse.
Outstanding, even more fun haha. Rehousing an H. mac can be.....adventurous..... Lol

magicmed

Arachnobaron
My B. Vagans and G. Pulchripes are underground at the moment. My A. Versicolor just came out from its web to eat after a couple weeks post molt. :)

Jones0911

Arachnobaron

But are you feeding it?

If you are one of those folks who feed it one or two crickets a week its going to take forever to molt.

Try feeding it a Roach of the biggest size (compared to its body) how warm/cold do you keep your house?

Most of my Ts (except two) are 2" or smaller I've had them all since July 5 and they've molted at least once except the G iheringi because well the Grammostola genus isnt known for their molting speed lol.

I feed all my Ts 4-5 crickets a week or however many theyll eat within a week.

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
But are you feeding it?

If you are one of those folks who feed it one or two crickets a week its going to take forever to molt.

Try feeding it a Roach of the biggest size (compared to its body) how warm/cold do you keep your house?

Most of my Ts (except two) are 2" or smaller I've had them all since July 5 and they've molted at least once except the G iheringi because well the Grammostola genus isnt known for their molting speed lol.

I feed all my Ts 4-5 crickets a week or however many theyll eat within a week.
She eats, drinks, and hangs out. Her sister has a subadult female. I feed my spiders daily lol. Everyone molts all the time except her.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
She eats, drinks, and hangs out. Her sister has a subadult female. I feed my spiders daily lol. Everyone molts all the time except her.
Have you tried... fruit? Lol, if you do, do it at your own risk. I've only tried it with my one albo, and a piece of watermelon (though I'm planning on trying more soon). There is scientific evidence though, that other species of true spiders and mygalomorphs benefit from fruit.

Arcana

Arachnopeon
My Aphonopelma seemanni sling closed the entrance of her burrow a week ago. So... The waiting game starts. I feel like she just got out of there, I had only few weeks time to enjoy her presence and now she's back. Gosh :D

Brachypelma vagans sling is also burrowed and I expect her to come out within a week or so, she recently molted.

ratluvr76

Arachnodemon
while doing my feeding and watering today, I caught my little G. rosea (hopefully it's rosea, it's a rescue so I'm not really sure yet) mid moult... just right there in front of it's burrow, on it's back, about 3/4 done cutest little white fangs you ever saw .. :)

Abyss

Arachnoknight
Geez, I thought all the excitement was for an egg sac. Molting?
I have yet to dabble in breeding haha but maybe one day she will have the opportunity :)
Moulting is quite exciting to me tho tbh.

Haksilence

Bad At Titles
Arachnosupporter
One of my metallicas just molted out and is around 3" now. Woke up this morning to it chewing on the molt, I was like "No! Bad t bad! Put that down! Drop it!"

So no sexing this guy this molt cycle :(

Abyss

Arachnoknight
One of my metallicas just molted out and is around 3" now. Woke up this morning to it chewing on the molt, I was like "No! Bad t bad! Put that down! Drop it!"

So no sexing this guy this molt cycle :(
I had a versacolor sling moult today while i was at work and its guarding its moult with its life......stingy little buggars they are sometimes lol