Whole lotta new additions!

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well, I went to the T store today to buy the spiders for my future research, and this is what I bought:
20 A. geniculata slings
5 Davus (Cyclosternum) fasciatum slings
All for the nice price of 20 euro's (1 euro = about 1 dollar)

But man, are they small! Like 1/4 to 1/2 ", must be about 2nd or 3rd instar. The geniculata's were all together in a box at the store (about all 900 of them...), the guy at the store took them out with tweezers and put them into a small deli-dish with paper towel. I thought he must have hurt some of them with the tweezers, but they were all in good condition when I put them into seperate containers. The research is gonna be with the geniculata's, the fasciatum's are just for my collection (very nice addition though....:) ). The guy in the store checked kinda rough if the fasciatum's were alive and well to do, and he fed and watered them. When I came home 4 of them were munching away on a cricket, and one had just molted so that one wasn't hungry yet. It surprised me that with all that disturbance and 2 hours in the train and on train stations (not very warm) they were eating already, tough little buggers!
My T-count is now 35, although I won't keep all of the geniculata's, will sell some of them back when I'm finished with research.
Time to do some cricket-breeding, will need lots of pinheads...:)
Joost

chid

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
ArachnoJoost

Good luck with all the new slings, I hope the research project goes well.

I like Herbie the JRT, I have owned 2 of them and I love the breed.They are definately characters.
Unfortunately I havent got one at the moment,since the last one went to the great kennel in the sky last summer.

Chid

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Originally posted by ArachnoJoost
Well, I went to the T store today to buy the spiders for my future research, and this is what I bought:
20 A. geniculata slings
5 Davus (Cyclosternum) fasciatum slings
All for the nice price of 20 euro's (1 euro = about 1 dollar)

Joost
Your killin me Joost.
20 dollars for 25 slings? I paid 20 bucks for 1 A. geniculata sling.
Wow, what a deal. You said they were on sale in the other thread. How much are they off sale?

Ernie

ArachnoJoost

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't know exactly, but I think for such small slings about 3 euro for the geniculata (on the sale they were 0,75 euro each) and for the fasciatum about 5 euro (on sale for 1 euro each). I sincerely apologize for making you jealous...;)
Go Holland!
greetz,
Joost
p.s. ow, it was actually 26, the guy at the store gave me one geniculata extra in case he miscounted them, guess he did not...:)