• Vinegaroon

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • tailess whip scorpian

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HamZ

Arachnosquire
not that id want to see a fight but im curious to see who would win a vinegaroon or tailess whip scorpian because the so similar.

HamZ

Arachnosquire
I think the tailess whip scorpian would win because of its longer reach and lower set stance

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
But i think the tws would get it inbetween the abdomen and cephlothorax and sub due it that Way since its stance is lower set
Well sure, with an exact hit maybe. But I imagine the fight would be quite messy. Still think the vinegaroon would shred a tailless whip scorpion before it got a chance to get any good shots in.

HamZ

Arachnosquire
Well sure, with an exact hit maybe. But I imagine the fight would be quite messy. Still think the vinegaroon would shred a tailless whip scorpion before it got a chance to get any good shots in.
Face to face i think the tws would still win its and open its palps wider and i just think it would win

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Aside from finding the idea of animal combatants rather repugnant. You are missing a lot of data. Unassigned variables. Put average typical Akita in a pen with a 'real' pit bull. Pit bull is bred for build and ability in dog fights. Akita will win easily. Why? Pholcid v almost any other spider. Weak, spindly legged spider wins almost every time.
Without all the data you are simply working under unfounded assumptions.

Eva

Arachnosquire
Put average typical Akita in a pen with a 'real' pit bull. Pit bull is bred for build and ability in dog fights. Akita will win easily.
An akita is twice the mass of a pitbull and has some thick coat for protection. That's just not giving the poor pitbull a chance :astonished:
Also pitbulls weren't bred to defeat akitas, they were bred to never give up!
Aside from this, I have no idea what is happening in this thread and how dogs connect to insects and pokemons:D

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Personally, I would definitly say a vinegaroon would win. Just considering it was an adult Damon diadema vs an adult Mastigoproctus gigantea, both really on using their pedipalps to hold and incapacitate their prey as they eat it. Damon diadema may have the reach and the speed advantage, but there is no way it could overpower and incapacitate a vinegaroon using its palps. The vinegaroon is built like a battle tanks, being one of the most solidly built bugs I have ever seen. All the vinegaroon has to do is grap it, the whip scorp wouldn't have the strength to get free (since it weighs almost nothing). Even if the whip scorp got a side shot between the body where the vinegaroon palps are not, the vinegaroon would overpower the whip scorp, turn around, and annihilate it. To me, it is like wrestling. There is almost no way that a 100 pound fighter will defeat a 300 pound fighter of similar height. The blows just do not equate. That's just my opinion though, it seems bulk, armour, and tactics what usually win in a head-to-head bug fight looking at all the "monster bug world" fights. Both have the same way of killing one another, but the vinegaroon is just too big and too strong for a whip to take down IMO. Would love to see the fight though in the wild :D

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
Aside from this, I have no idea what is happening in this thread and how dogs connect to insects and
Called an analogy it is, young Luke. The real reason an Akita can kill most other dogs is the connection, close relationship, to their primal ancestors. Similar applies to the pholcids; they developed extraordinary combatant abilities far beyond what their physique dictates. Without knowing antecedents like these examples, the which would win of this thread would have to be determined by mundane trail and error analysis.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
Whip spiders aren't built for head-to-head combat. They are often found with prey much bigger than themselves, but rest assured it didn't know they were there. If the vinegaroon was unaware of the whipspider, I don't know; if it were, the whipspider would stand no chance.

However, it's largely species dependent, as both orders range widely in size. Mastigoproctus giganteus probably wouldn't even bother with a tiny charinus.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
I think about this in terms of actual encounters that could happen naturally. The US species Vinegaroon may encounter one of the smaller species TWS found in the SouthWest and it would be no contest. The Vinegaroon would easily devour the TWS. Theoretical battles between arachnids from diferent continents is fantasy role play stuff (US Vinegaroon vs Giant TWS Africa?) but interesting.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Acetic acid is an additional weapon that dissolves the cuticle. Even if the whipspider managed to kill it, it would dehydrate to death in the next few days after being blasted with vinegar :p