Who WOULD WIN THEN PART DEU!!

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Oh...the claws are the palps...right. Forgot the terminology.

I was thinking like 5 or six inches. This makes the match a little more even.

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
The savannah emps get around 6-7" and forest emps get around 8".

The ones from the savannah are a lot more commonly imported.

I still think the T. blondi would win though, One bite and its pretty much straight through the emp. Even if the emp got a few legs off the blondi would still be plenty mobile to take the emp down.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think though even if the blondi did gore the scorpion wit the fangs the scorpion would still have enough time to nail the blonde with its tail.

maxident213

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would say this: I think an Emp could take out virtually any T, but if there is a T that could take down an Emp, it's probably the Blondi. I think it would just be a matter of who got the advantage first.

I've got a Haplopelma "Vietnam" about 6.5 inches who strikes like lightning and is no slouch in the strength department, but I still don't think he could take out one of my 5.5-6" Imperators.

I do agree about the centipedes, a fair-sized Scolopendra is pretty much the most finely-tuned invertebrate "killing machine" out there. I have read somewhere that these pedes feed on Blondis in the wild as well. I have no idea if that's true or just speculation.

I hope to get two S. polymorpha and two S. subspinses by the end of the summer. :D

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
might i ask why you felt the need to make this thread? just wondering.

blondi would win, no doubt in my mind. what IF the blondi was stung and it survived? my blondi takes mice down faster than you could blink. but then again, while in its mouth, depending on where it was grabbed (underbelly, telson, pinchers) i think would matter a lot.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
G. Carnell said:
You might have forgotten how angry a scorp can get when its cornered, and just how muscular the tail is, as an example, you cant stop a scorp from uncurling its tail, its so damned strong

and for a 20cm long Forest Emperor, i doubt any spider would be able to tower over it, as Scorpions are designed for the height advantage in this situation (closer legs, etc)

here's a pic showing how important a Scorpionid tail can be, its of my old H.swammerdami male being aggressive soley with its tail

wow 20 cm long!! can you get a pic with a ruler!!! WOW

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
demonhunter...go to sleep...man, its 12:30....GO TO SLEEP! lol

ilovebugs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
demonhunter said:
wow 20 cm long!! can you get a pic with a ruler!!! WOW
I think scorp_lver is right man...

think about it.

20 centimeters = 7.87401575 inches
(courtesy of google)

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That isnt abnormally large for a forest emp, and the measurement is from chelicerae to telson.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
that swammerdami is only 17~ cm

they are reported to get to 23cm in the wild, thats the record i think
(28cm is a joke i think)

JSN

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I think the scorp would win becuase it wont be able to get past the powerfull chela, if the scorpion latched on, it would only be a matter of time, becuase the tarantula would lose its leverage and the scorpion would probably get a sting off even if the T's legs came off and it tried another attack...either that or they probaly would both die from wounds...

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
yawn! (12:07....yet demonhunter is still awake!) anyone thinking about where each would be attacked and who would be attacked first? what if the blondi was snuck up on? of course the scorp would win easily. if the scorp was asleep or not paying attention and the blondi grabbed it, then the scorp wouldnt get a chance to jab it.

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i dont think either would attack each other

Scorpionids generally go for prey that are smaller than themselves, anything too big and they will just defend themselves

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
That's why I said, practically the only way to estimate who would win, is to determine all the aspects of situation. There are way too many variables.
I would still say, Emperor, or they both lose. But there could be other outcomes from different scenarios.

czarmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
ok, that's enough, i can't take this any longer....

tomorrow i'm going to introduce my T. blondi to my emp's cage and see what happens. :liar:

i'll tell you later what happened.

Scorp guy

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i dont think either would attack each other
very true:embarrassed: kind of pointless....this thread really. we can all keep on arguing abotu who will win and all, but well never know! thyell never fight in the wild, and unless a mindless idiot chooses to fight them, then how will we ever know:eek:

PS: the blondi would win;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P ;P

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ShadowBlade said:
Um... bitten??:? :confused:

I still think it's hard to make a decision unless all conditions are specified.

And why are people saying it would be hard to puncture scorps armor!! Have you seen a blondi's fangs?? Those things would go in at the top, and almost out the bottom if it wanted to!

I was referring to the bite symptoms of the pede. Money is still on T blondi. Have you ever felt the force of them striking forcepts with food attached?

sweetmisery

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
czarmx said:
ok, that's enough, i can't take this any longer....

tomorrow i'm going to introduce my T. blondi to my emp's cage and see what happens. :liar:

i'll tell you later what happened.
LMAO! DO IT MAN! DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Seriouly, just email Animal Planet to make Animal Face Off episode between the two!

czarmx

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sweetmisery said:
LMAO! DO IT MAN! DO IT DO IT DO IT!

Seriouly, just email Animal Planet to make Animal Face Off episode between the two!
sure, i actually did it and i think the T fell in love with the Scorp!:eek: :liar: :liar: