Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Who WOULD WIN THEN PART DEU!!

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by FortCooper1982, May 12, 2006.

1. PA7R1CK

PA7R1CK Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    I agree. Blondi's are massive and they could overpower an emp with little trouble. I would place my money on the blondi.

2. Tleilaxu

Tleilaxu Arachnoprince Old Timer

The blondi also has the added advantage that if its legs get injured and bleed it can just bite them off to stop the bleeding because they will regrow. A scorpion does not have this option. Also the bite force of a T blondi is something to behold. Every hear their fangs crunching the skull of an adult mouse?

3. fscorpion

fscorpion Arachnobaron Old Timer

Why don'tyou people just try it and put an end to those silly discussions, I see one every few months...
    :wall: :wall: :wall:

4. Tleilaxu

Because its a waste of two supreme animals, that are guests under our care, and deserve the best. Remember they did not choose to be our pets.

5. cashewman1

cashewman1 Arachnobaron

WI
    Im thinking P imperator for the win for sure. Let me see here, While i dont keep Tarantulas im thinking that the Armor ability here would be something like a soft shell taco versus an armored tank. Once in the defensive posture ive no doubt my full grown Imperator would snip the legs right out from under that silly ol' tarantula. And the stings it could deliver from a very far distance would also give it a huge advantage. Dont doubt an emperors speed, ive seen them zip across a tank in more or less a second. Im not sure speed is a large factor in this either.

So my vote is for emperor

6. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade Planeswalker Old Timer

There are too many variables to determine what would happen.
    If they could encounter each other in the wild, (I know, they can't) and the scorp was under it's "favorite" hiding place, and the tarantula walked past. (assuming night ofcourse) the tarantula stumbles near the scorp, IF the scorp wanted to, and was in fast condition, it would grap the T's leg with it's palps, and (hopefully) ram it's stinger into the Tarantula's face. I don't know how fast the venom would have effect, but T's have poor eyesight, (especially at night), and the scorp can see quite efficiently. In which case, I would assume the scorp would win.

If they both encountered each other for some reason in the open, in daylight, (say some curious stupid people put them in a tank, two things could happen, depending on temperament of the emp. One, the Blondi threat displays, the scorp moves in and stings, (Not likely), and again, depending on effects of scorp venom on T's, the Blondi my or my not be able to completely retaliate. OR... the T' threat displays, and is more serious about it, the scorp moves in, probably grabs on of the legs, the T easily overpowers the emp and bites it. The fangs would practically impale the emp, but the emp would inturn, continually jab the stiner into the T's face, eventually ending in the end of both critters.

I think this would be an unfair match. The emp I believe would either win, or they both die. Almost no matter where the T bites, the scorp can still sting, which they would probably both die.

7. thesupermonkey

thesupermonkey Arachnosquire Old Timer

I've never kept Blondi's but from what I've seen from my emps I'd say they Blondi would be out gunned. No one has mentioned the chelicercae. I don't know if it's common or just my emps but I've seen mine use their mouth & palps to grip onto aggressive prey. A well placed hit from the telson normally kills a mouse in 10-20 seconds, but the venom effects can be seen with a few seconds... involuntary muscle spasm, poor motor coordination and shallow breathing. Mine have no problem dealing with the mice's razor sharp teeth w/out taking a scratch.

However, given the size the Blondi's are capable of reaching, it gives them a decent shot at flipping the scorp and if that happens the scorp wouldn't have a chance.

8. Cheshire

Cheshire Arachnoking Old Timer

Actually, lots of people have mentioned the claws.

OK, folks. I've read through this thread and you ALL have missed one VERY important thing.

The tank. True, the emp could ruin the blondi's stuff with it's chela, but if it gets backed up into a corner, all the blondi has to do is tower over it.

Now, assuming it's in the wild all the emp would do is find a nice, tall branch and clamber up. Although a blondi may be powerful, graceful it is not.

A blondi's legs can be used as chela. As many of you know, many tarantulas use their legs to sweep in prey from the front.

In all honesty, the blondi would most likely win due just to the sheer power. An emp may be big for a scorp, but compared to a blondi it's not really all that special.

My two cents. I've never kept either of them. I honestly think a Blondi VS. A scolopendra gigantea would be a more even match.

9. JSN

JSN Arachnodemon

the one I have now is angry for sure, its very strong too...

10. Tleilaxu

scolopendra gigantea VS T blondi the pede would win that hands down. There speed cannot be matched.

11. G. Carnell

G. Carnell Arachnoemperor Old Timer

EU

You might have forgotten how angry a scorp can get when its cornered, and just how muscular the tail is, as an example, you cant stop a scorp from uncurling its tail, its so damned strong

and for a 20cm long Forest Emperor, i doubt any spider would be able to tower over it, as Scorpions are designed for the height advantage in this situation (closer legs, etc)

here's a pic showing how important a Scorpionid tail can be, its of my old H.swammerdami male being aggressive soley with its tail

[​IMG]

12. FortCooper1982

FortCooper1982 Arachnoknight Old Timer

ohhh i,ve just watched a couple of vids of these pede's killing mice on youtube, well nasty, just cained the poor mouse right in the back causing major tissue damage, are these things highly venomus?

13. canadianscorp

canadianscorp Arachnodemon

beautiful swammi carnell!!!

cheers, steve

14. Tleilaxu

They wont kill you but your going to hurt like no tomarrow once bitten.

15. ShadowBlade

ShadowBlade Planeswalker Old Timer

Um... bitten??:? :confused:

I still think it's hard to make a decision unless all conditions are specified.

And why are people saying it would be hard to puncture scorps armor!! Have you seen a blondi's fangs?? Those things would go in at the top, and almost out the bottom if it wanted to!

16. cashewman1

cashewman1 Arachnobaron

WI
    To clarify scorps do not see well at night, in fact they dont see well every, they hunt with vibrations

17. Cheshire

As I said, I've never kept either species.

However, is a scorpion tail strong enough to keep the spider from advancing? I think the spider could advance just close enough to sink it's fangs in, and it would thus be all over for the scorp.

As for the armor, I've read in the T forums (although I don't post there too much anymore) stories about Ts chewing through the metal mesh of a tank cover. Strength isn't an issue.

Ts also use their pedipalps as kind of an extra set of legs (I've witnessed this in lycosids, as well) so if the scorp grabbed the T by the palps, no real damage would occur and the T would throw them, leaving the scorp with two spider appendages that are unnatached to the body.

All the spider needs is a split second, and it's latched on despite the stinger in the back.

From here, if the scorp happens to be able to (and does) grab the 'waist' of the T, the fight is over in seconds.

What is 20CM in inches? Does this include the chela and the telson?

I'm dissecting the stats as I see them.

Although, a cent and a T...yeah, I'd bet on the centi, as well. It's bristling with weapons and tough as iron, to boot.

Think it ever happens in the wild?

18. Ryan C.

Ryan C. Arachnoprince

20cm is just under 8" and the measurement is from chelicerae to telson.

19. Cheshire

How long from beginning of jaws to end of telson?

20. Ryan C.

Ryan C. Arachnoprince

8" for a big emp.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.