Who WOULD WIN THEN PART DEU!!

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Right being a scorpion guy i've finally brought a spider, a Blondi infact! So Emperor or Blondi!!!! what ya reckon!?

Murziukas

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
"Who would win"+"Imerator" Sweet. I have the question for part 3: smoking influence to outerspace.

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
You'd better not plan on fighting these. :mad: Blondi would take it out. P. imperitor is just too docile and slow.

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
excuse me!!!! i spend alot of money to keep these cool critters, and beside's i've had my emperors for years, there part of the family, catch my drift!!

Tleilaxu

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
FortCooper1982 said:
excuse me!!!! i spend alot of money to keep these cool critters, and beside's i've had my emperors for years, there part of the family, catch my drift!!

I have heard many people do such stupid things. The way you asked the question set off alarm bells in my head. Sorry. :eek:

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
u need not panic, i love my pets and all my emps get to see is crix and locusts, just emps are king of scorps! and Blondi a big king of spiders! now i've never seen a full size blondi!! could they take emps??????

Ryan C.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
H. swammerdammi is the king of scorps :embarrassed:

Back on topic, blondi's can get around 10" and emps around 7" and big blondi's have like 1" fangs. I would probably bet on the blondi if something like that would ever happen.

Spike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I think it would be a draw really one stings the other bites. One gets eaten the other dies of the sting or bleeds to death from a cruched leg or somthing. Just my thoughts....

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My thoughts:

blondi
Advantage
-speed
-aggressiveness
-1" fangs

disadvantage
-needs to get close to strike
-soft body

scorp
Advantage
-hard shell
-pedipalps and telson (most likely a potent venom for some other species)

disadvantage
-slow
-inability to pounce on opponent, more like a "counter puncher"

Two possible results both ending in a draw.

1. blondi kills the emp, but dies slowly due to injuries.
2. both assumes their respective threat display, realizes the risk and walks away

G. Carnell

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Alakdan said:
My thoughts:
2. both assumes their respective threat display, realizes the risk and walks away

i agree

though i disagree on the point about emps being slow, and ive been keeping them for ~7 years or so. Once you get an angry specimen, you will understand what being hated is like ;)

FortCooper1982

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had a angry emp to once, and i mean angry, couldn't imagine that guy going down without taking big blondi with it!

canadianscorp

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i dont know about anyone else, but i agree with carnell. when an emp is really set off they are lightening quick! i would put all my money on the emp , and heres why: it would be very hard for the blondi to puncture the scorp with its fangs through the exo, the scorp would most deffinately chop any limb clear off that came near him , resulting in death. plus have you ever looked at the deffensive stance put on by these scorps when they are pissed?? I would heve a hard time killing it if i tried:eek:

just my opinion,

cheers, steve

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I think they would both end up dead too, would the scorpion venom paralyze faster than the blondi's venom though?

Fluid Filter

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think a T would have a hard time getting past an emp's claws once it's in a defensive posture. It would probably get sliced up like a celery stalk on food network. But, if the blondi managed to ambush the emp, it would be game over pretty quick.

fusion121

Arachnoking
Old Timer
As loathe as I am to take part in a scorpion v tarantula thread:rolleyes: , its still an interesting question.

Assuming a large P. imperator and a T. blondi, which are both very big arthropods, I’d give it to the emperor every time. It has 3 offensive bits, 2 extremely strong pedipalps (I mean really strong) and its metasoma, combined with the fact that the offensive reach of these it quite substantial, compared to T. blondi’s fangs which must be directly above the scorpion to be useful, the scorpion sting however can strike in a large arc around the scorpion. The scorpion also has considerable protection from is exoskeleton. I wouldn’t have thought speed was a major issue, a spider and scorpion are about as fast as each other, especially in offensive mode as George said.

I'd be interested to see a study of to what extent scorpions and tarantulas predate each other in the wild.

Last edited: