who wanted wasps?

ironmonkey78

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hey I remember someone posting on here that they kept wasps, and were looking for a specific kind. Im not sure what kind they want but ive got a ton in my backyard. finally decided to clean it up and everywhere I look theres a wasp nest. I think they might be cool to keep myself so ive got a few questions also.

how would I go about capturing them? (without getting stung preferably)
how do I keep, house them?
if I caught them now would they stay alive over winter? ( another words once the snow falls do they all die and I just have to catch more next year??)
what about whoever s in the lil pupae?

Ralph

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if you've found the nest just setting in your backyard...why should you remove it???
just stand by the nest and to watch them,that's okay..and would be safer than getting it and stick it somewhere then...it's so complex....
another way...you can get this nest and hold up almost wasps as much as possible ....then ....stick the nest up to where you'd like it to be here....
but it's absolutely dangerous!!!!
obvious the nature wasps and nest would be more interesting especially it's just in your backyard.
those great workers are well protected your garden from the bad instects anyway..
good luck
Ralph

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think there are two or three people but my hunch is you're thinking of Tleilaxu.