Who molted today?

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Theraphosinae sp. Mishana. Looks female ventrally, can't wait to get the exuvia to (hopefully) confirm...
P5280005.JPG

0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. Ho Chi Minh molted, too, no pics yet.

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
Came home from work tonight to discover my 4 inch dls A. geniculata completed a molt while I was at work.

I knew it was in pre-molt and it didn't start the molting process before I left today.

Was very surprised and I can't wait until I can get an accurate size. I can tell just by the legs it bulked up quite a bit.

Last edited:

The Spider House

Arachnobaron
Came home from work tonight to discover my 4 inch dls A. geniculata completed a molt while I was at work.

I knew it was in pre-molt and it didn't start the molting process before I left today.

Was very surprised and I can't until I can get an accurate size. I can tell just by the legs it bulked up quite a bit.
You absolutely MUST share pics later. We all love a genic pic 🖤🤍😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Nancy my Nhandu chromatis just juvenile female moulted last night all looks like it went well everything where it should be as far as I can see . Did get a pic although not the best. 20230529_080035.jpg
Been growing this one a while now, nice to see her start putting some size on . Well done Nancy 👏 😊

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Doing daily water checks (been hot here atm) and noticed Mameha my Grammostola pulchripes juvenile female has moulted too and put on a good amount of size will fatten her up then upgrade her viv 😊 20230529_093158.jpg 20230529_093634.jpg
Well done girl 👏🥰

CrazyOrnithoctonineGuy

Arachnoknight
My other Ornithoctoninae sp. "Phan cay Blue" juvenile is molting as I type this; it's melting in a rather tight spot, and at the entrance to its hide rather than inside it (albeit thickly webbed over), so I'm going to have to keep an eye on it.

Time to get ready to rehouse both "Phan Cays".....

Edit: Bugger somehow managed to pull all its legs out in that tight spot

Last edited:

Arachnophobphile

Arachnoangel
You absolutely MUST share pics later. We all love a genic pic 🖤🤍😊
It'll be end of week until I can get a photo. That or if it decides to lay flat.

I also discovered last night my 3 inch dls Tapinauchenius violaceus molted too. Right before going to bed I seen that it threw it's molt in it's water dish, was also a surprise.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
This morning I had molts from:

0.0.1 Brachionopus pretoriae unsexed juvenile, about 1.5" DLS
20230529_100435.jpg

0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp. Hi Chi Minh, third of the trio to molt in the last couple weeks:
20230529_095614.jpg

Here's a pic of the freshly molted T. sp. Mishana, still hardening up. I'll get the molt out of the burrow and sex it this afternoon.
20230529_100727.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Within the past week or so:
  • 0.0.3 Tapinauchenius violaceus
  • 0.0.1 Tapinauchenius sanctivincenti
  • 0.0.4 Poecilotheria rufilata
  • 0.0.1 Ornithoctonus aureotibialis
  • 0.0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp Ho Chi Minh
  • 0.1 Aphonopelma sp Michoacan
  • 0.1 Pelinobius muticus
  • 1.0 Avicularia variegata
  • 0.1 Psalmopoeus victori
  • 0.1 Ornithoctoninae sp Hati Hati

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Summer is coming, it's molting season!

0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens molted last friday.

0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata and 0.1.0 Harpactira pulchripes molted today.

Crazy...my first three tarantulas molted within five days of one another, with two molting on the same day. Nice surprise after a busy day. Love summer! :singing:

Also, 0.1.0 Lasiodorides polycuspulatus molted today.

Pics coming soon...

Last edited:

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Summer is coming, it's molting season!

0.1.0 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens molted last friday.

0.1.0 Acanthoscurria geniculata and 0.1.0 Harpactira pulchripes molted today.

Crazy...my first three tarantulas molted within five days of one another, with two molting on the same day. Nice surprise after a busy day. Love summer! :singing:

Also, 0.1.0 Lasiodorides polycuspulatus molted today.

Pics coming soon...
All hail x3 🙌🙌🙌

My beautiful girl Daphne af Sericopelma sp Bouquete moulted she looks beautiful 😍 I can't wait till she comes out and I can see her properly. This is the best pic I can get for now I will get better ones once she's out 😊 20230601_161224.jpg
Well done Daphne 🥰