Who molted today?

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Always love when it’s so easy to identify a female. It’s never that simple when I try it lol
I am not the best at it but my partner has kept t's for 30+ years so he checks for me after I say what I think it is, its a slow process but I am getting better at it 😆

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Dolichothele rufoniger sling, Gemini, just finished it's 3rd molt with me in as many months. Curious to see how much size it gained, pip squeak!
20220813_205215.jpg

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T. albopilosus, smaller female and male parahybana from a recent acquisition, Linothele sericata sling, female. Paired adult female P. victori :mad:,small female P. muticus Thrixopelma pruriens, P. murinus adult female, mom of my slings molted too.

Last edited:

UndertowINC

Arachnopeon
Martha Stewart, my little gbb is in the process right now.

I saw this morning when I was watering that she had vaguely sealed her little funnel off with a thin layer of web over the entrance, so knew it was coming. But she also just ate a few days ago and it was open yesterday so I was surprised to see it already, I figured maybe next

Hopefully I can update this with a fresh and shiny pic in the morning.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Martha Stewart, my little gbb is in the process right now.

I saw this morning when I was watering that she had vaguely sealed her little funnel off with a thin layer of web over the entrance, so knew it was coming. But she also just ate a few days ago and it was open yesterday so I was surprised to see it already, I figured maybe next

Hopefully I can update this with a fresh and shiny pic in the morning.
Best name ever for a gbb 🤣🤣🤣

arthurliuyz

Arachnoknight
Arachnosupporter +
Share your post-molt/ freshly molted tarantulas here!

0.1 Harpactira pulchripes (my best tarantula pic so far :happy: )
hp post molt.jpg
0.1 Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens post molt.jpeg

0.1 Acanthoscurria geniculata
ag.jpg
0.1 Theraphosinae sp. "Blue"
blue.jpeg

Last edited:

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
And another: T albo, gaining a nice bit of size.

Tried sexing - still a little small to be completely sure but I am thinking male.

That's 6 Ts moulted this week! Must be the hot weather...

IMG_3818.jpeg

Cmoore0475

Arachnopeon
My GBB sling molted yesterday, 3 days after my T. albo molted! The two were fairly dissimilar! The Albo spun a thin faint mat underground and still hasn’t resurfaced! The GBB molted out in the open after weaving a pretty thick heavy hammock type matt tilted in the corner of the enclosure! A lot of people have told me their GBB slings had a tendency to burrow but mine has webbed up the top of the enclosure and has chilled up there the entire time I’ve had it! Can’t want to how much they’ve grown! Not a great pic!

Attachments

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Two molts to report today:

0.0.1 Thrixopelma pruriens (Olive, about 0.75" DLS):
20220815_162741.jpg

0.0.1 Theraphosinae sp. Panama (Pele, 0.375" DLS - just received this one Saturday!):
20220815_162458.jpg

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
0.0.1 Phormingochilus pennellhewlettorum
0.0.1 Poecilotheria fasciata.

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
My 4in female Grammostola grossa molted! Unfortunately they destroyed their molt and ran when I tried to get a picture😒 but I’ll post it if I can get one

UndertowINC

Arachnopeon
Best name ever for a gbb 🤣🤣🤣

Thank you! It was between that and, after our initial introduction which turned into a like 10+ minute game of cat and mouse that finally ended with a little ~1" sling threat posing at me, Lionheart.

But, she calmed down really fast and is now by far the most docile/calm of my slings. And I haven't seen her on the ground since the first week, always in her ever growing web canopy that now spans half of the enclosure.

So the original plan of Martha Stewart stuck, even if she turns out to be a male.

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
Thank you! It was between that and, after our initial introduction which turned into a like 10+ minute game of cat and mouse that finally ended with a little ~1" sling threat posing at me, Lionheart.

But, she calmed down really fast and is now by far the most docile/calm of my slings. And I haven't seen her on the ground since the first week, always in her ever growing web canopy that now spans half of the enclosure.

So the original plan of Martha Stewart stuck, even if she turns out to be a male.
My ggb Bauble is the same she never touched the sub in her sling enclosure just built a web castle, I recently rehoused her as she hit 2 inches and she's made a web tunnel this time it does touch the floor but it has a web carpet to stop her feet getting dirty 🤣🤣🤣 gotta love a gbb 😊

Moyzie

Arachnosquire
This morning "Beatbox" molted for the first time in my ownership - surprising as I didn't think was in Premolt, It ate the other day and was rehoused on Thursday last week. Had been on display a bit less than normal since then but I figured it was just settling into a new enclosure

All good though !!

IMG_20220817_230359 (2).jpg

Nice and colourful legs now - previously very black legged
IMG_20220817_230323 (2).jpg

And last week
"Curly Watts" (tv soap character") molted also
ad716131-10cb-46ec-9d77-1621458afa3d.jpeg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Two more molts to report today!

Pseudhapalopus sp. Colombia (Aurora, 0.625" DLS):
20220817_175310.jpg
20220817_175323.jpg

Citharacanthus cyaneus (Ember, 0.75" DLS):
20220817_123120.jpg

Sooner or later these tiny tots will start showing some color...

A. juruensis and A. avicularia are probably next up, with Y. diversipes not far behind.