Who molted today?

HooahArmy

Arachnoknight
What’s the story behind this name?!🤣
I'm a young fart (like old fart, but still kicking), so there's this ancient internet meme of this teen named Tay Zonday, singing a song called 'Chocolate Rain'. It's so bad, it's good. Chocolate Rain the 1st was adopted by my family around 2007-08 when that was popular. She has since reproduced and the little T in the photo is her grandkiddo, now Chocolate Rain the 3rd.
I usually name my buddies based on their characteristics (EX: Slippery Sue), pop culture (Ex: Chocolate Rain), or military groups/names I've worked with (Ex: Crypt Fiend).
How do you name your homies?!

me and my Ts

Arachnoknight
How do you name your homies?!
I usually don’t name my tarantulas. However two of them have name, my first tarantula, Rhonda and my Pulchra, yogurt. Rhonda got her name because I thought I was being really creative, Rhonda the red rump and the pulchra because they came in a yogurt cup which I thought was weird.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
OK, catching up after returning from a 10 day road trip. Lots of T's (and one jumper) molted while I was gone.

Phidippus audax sling (Orion):
20220808_181403.jpg

0.0.1 Hapalopus sp. guerilla (Koko):
P8070061.JPG

0.0.1 Harpactira pulchripes (Dora):
P8070025.JPG

0.1 Psalmopoeus victori (Mars - confirmed female!):
P8070027.JPG
VideoCapture_20220807-235137.jpg

0.0.1 Brachypelma auratum (Venus):
P8070031.JPG

0.0.1 Phormictopus sp. green (full green - Hulk):
P8070053.JPG

1.0 Grammostola pulchra (Pepper):
P8070050.JPG

1.0 Ephebopus murinus (Jade):
VideoCapture_20220808-003624.jpg

Here's a bunch of the recovered molts. The only one that I was able to determine sex from was the P. victori - the rest were either too mangled or I already knew the sex. For reference, the largest molt from the G. pulchra measured 3.5" DLS:
P8070062.JPG

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
I cant believe it, my 0.1 P. subfusca LL 4" had a wet molt in the morning. She looks very very bad, she wont make it. Damn!

First bad molting after 15y+, she is/was such a beauty...

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
OK, catching up after returning from a 10 day road trip. Lots of T's (and one jumper) molted while I was gone.

Phidippus audax sling (Orion):
View attachment 425867

0.0.1 Hapalopus sp. guerilla (Koko):
View attachment 425868

0.0.1 Harpactira pulchripes (Dora):
View attachment 425869

0.1 Psalmopoeus victori (Mars - confirmed female!):
View attachment 425870
View attachment 425871

0.0.1 Brachypelma auratum (Venus):
View attachment 425872

0.0.1 Phormictopus sp. green (full green - Hulk):
View attachment 425875

1.0 Grammostola pulchra (Pepper):
View attachment 425876

1.0 Ephebopus murinus (Jade):
View attachment 425877

Here's a bunch of the recovered molts. The only one that I was able to determine sex from was the P. victori - the rest were either too mangled or I already knew the sex. For reference, the largest molt from the G. pulchra measured 3.5" DLS:
View attachment 425878
Why the nametags?

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
I do it to keep track of which camera I used for each pic. Plus, they're my pics going on a public site, so might as well take ownership of them.
Ohk. If you really care about some of the pics, id suggest placing them closer to the focal point. I could easily crop the 1st two. But in the end, you do you.

Moyzie

Arachnosquire
Two months ago I adopted a T - and "she" hadn't molted in 2 years so was not gonna molt again *he said

Not gonna lie but she was neglected. I took her in the R.U.B she was living in and it wasn't up to standard. Too small. The enclosure was so dry I don't think it had seen water for god knows how long. Even the moss on top was "flaky" that's how dry it was. Hard to explain. I pictured the box under a bed for months. Forgotten

Like even if the substrate is bone dry, my moss still has a bit of life to it, spongy. And in this enclosure I got her in, there was glitter in there. LIKE WTF... purple and silver glitter. like kids had decorated the Tarantula at some point. I digress. It was not a great. I hate the idea of neglected animals
No hide, no décor. ARRGGHH.

I rehomed her as soon as I got home, doubling the size of her home. Nothing OTT, But a few pieces of wood, a hide, a burrow.

TODAY = I woke up to this

Attachments

Cmoore0475

Arachnopeon
My T. Albo dug out the enclosure about 3 weeks ago and did away with any discernible point of entry! It did leave a pretty big window in the corner of its lair where I can look in and be make sure everything is cool! Today I came home from work and looked in and noticed a tiny bit of webbing at the bottom of the window which I thought was odd because it doesn’t web AT All! Then i see it on its back right near the window on its molt mat! I’m scared to take a pic cause I don’t want to disturb it in any way! I will post one when I think the time is right! Not gonna lie! It’s my first molt and I’m scared! It was one of my first three Ts and my favorite by far!!

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
My T. Albo dug out the enclosure about 3 weeks ago and did away with any discernible point of entry! It did leave a pretty big window in the corner of its lair where I can look in and be make sure everything is cool! Today I came home from work and looked in and noticed a tiny bit of webbing at the bottom of the window which I thought was odd because it doesn’t web AT All! Then i see it on its back right near the window on its molt mat! I’m scared to take a pic cause I don’t want to disturb it in any way! I will post one when I think the time is right! Not gonna lie! It’s my first molt and I’m scared! It was one of my first three Ts and my favorite by far!!
Don't disturb it in any way!!! No need to try to post a pic right now. Post one after the molt ;)

Cmoore0475

Arachnopeon
I had to run some errands, so it would be better for me and the spider if I weren’t hovering over it looking in every 3 minutes! It’s been about 3.5 hours since I first noticed it on its back doing nothing, I think it’s finished but it’s hard to tell which legs belong to what and I think it’s still sitting on it!! I’m curious about my D. Pentaloris! They both decided to burrow and go off grid at the exact same time! It didn’t leave me a window so i don’t know what it’s up to! I wonder if tarantulas living in the same house will sync up their molts like girls/women under the same roof will sync up periods?? Lol

Moyzie

Arachnosquire
I had to run some errands, so it would be better for me and the spider if I weren’t hovering over it looking in every 3 minutes! It’s been about 3.5 hours since I first noticed it on its back doing nothing, I think it’s finished but it’s hard to tell which legs belong to what and I think it’s still sitting on it!! I’m curious about my D. Pentaloris! They both decided to burrow and go off grid at the exact same time! It didn’t leave me a window so i don’t know what it’s up to! I wonder if tarantulas living in the same house will sync up their molts like girls/women under the same roof will sync up periods?? Lol
Also, its a full moon.

Just saying

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I’ve been slacking badly on reporting my molts. Most recently Pterinopelma sazimai female, Grammostola rosea, (pictured) first time in the 9 years I’ve owned her btw,
A few weeks ago, T. kahlenbergi molted, female. P. platyomma larger female, both larger female C. dyscolus, larger male P. flammifera, P. mascara, larger darlingi and regalis, M. robustum, C. fimbriatus male matured, H. gabonesnsis male matured, E. olivacea male matured, C. versicolor male matured too.

DSC_0839 - Copy.jpg

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Ephebopus cyanognathus slings, Opal, molted today. Not a great pic, but you can just make out the bright blue fangs reflecting the light at the bottom. Love this species.
20220812_161513.jpg

Charliemum

Arachnocompulsive
Arachnosupporter
My now confirmed female Gwen Pterinopelma sazimai 20220813_184155(0).jpg
Moult measured at 2 n 3/4 inches . Upgrade coming soon 😊

Lurtz

Arachnopeon
Always love when it’s so easy to identify a female. It’s never that simple when I try it lol