Who molted today?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
Thrilled beyond belief. H. pulchripes just finished a record 10 minute molt, hoping for 2 - 2.5” Squirming pretty good, can’t wait to see it when I wake up. Time for a rehouse when it recovers.

3FFB7413-7C78-42BA-88E6-F01209E4CB2D.jpeg

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
This little spider psycho: n. incei (gold)
Wasn’t even on my list of expected molters! I looked in to give him some water had to do a double take, saw a molt in the bottom of his burrow. Pictures don’t do that gold justice! 😍
AC40FAE6-8071-4548-8B27-788193455D6B.jpeg

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
B. hamorii (ex. smithi ...) just molted
IMG_20211207_154332.jpg
turns out it is female :)
IMG_20211207_154904.jpg

Last edited:

greeneyedelle

Arachnoknight
C. darlingi was suspected molting, but I finally confirmed that last night when I managed to FINALLY find a good angle and peek into the depths of her burrow and saw it lying there while she rested up at the top of her tunnels. She's so skittish, I can't ever get a decent photo, but that gold and black, and that horn. So cute.

On the other end, I've had a chilobrachys blue sling for less than two weeks, and it gave me no noticeable signs of premolt. Ate a dubia last week without issue, but destroyed the entrance to its burrow while hunting. I figured "Okay, well it knows what it's doing" but it didn't burrow again. It's been in extremely odd positions, even for a t, almost bent in half at some times. The last thing I expected was a molt, but last night, lo and behold, it was molting, SUPER fresh too. This morning, it's moved some, but still in the molting position, carapace and legs seem to be out, but I'm worried about the abdomen :( We'll see if it comes out okay

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
Ordered 7-9 months ago some slings and I was very lucky. In the mean time they molted regurarly (the last days(weeks) and only one of them is male so far. Female juvis I have now is Cyriopagopus sp. Sumatran tiger, Poecilotheria Lowland, P. tigrinawesseli, Grammostola pulchra and B. albopilosus Nicarguan. Only male is P. regalis. Still unsexed from my smaller Ts are two C. lividus.

Normally I buy small sexed females (I dont like grow up a T and end up with a male) but I wanted to try my luck and I have bought some slings and definitely pleased so far!