Who molted today?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
My male Pamphobeteus sp Machala molted and he's huge and still not yet mature. He's super skittish and ran into his hide when I picked up his enclosure, but I see him chilling in there now. Absolutely stunning coloration! He's got some astonishing purple on his front legs I wish I could get a better look at. I'll have to wait for it.

One of my I mira tossed a molt out (unlike the other ones) so I'm going to try to sex it. They were all acting weird this week. When I went in to feed them, one popped out like normal, one did not, and one had a door wide open. I'll keep an eye on them to make sure they're ok.

My Bistriopelma lamasi also molted. I have a feeling its male, but I was able to snag the molt, so I'm going to try to sex it, as well. Since it's a little over a half inch, not sure how that will go.

One of my Theraphosinae sp. Panama also molted, but its sibling did not and is still eating. They're both starting to get really vivid color in, with thicker setae. Very excited to see this!

And finally, my Cyriocosmus perezmilesi matured out and is a man spider now. I'll have to try to find him a lady he isn't related to, but I doubt I'll have any luck with that. Handsome little man, though!

1623257622480.png

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I have a feeling I'm gonna be posting my Brachypelma Hamorii here very soon. Its fasting, its quite sluggish and its abdomen looks like an 8 ball.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
T. albopilosus sling and P. metallica last night and today. If the P.met moves its butt I can get to the molt; it’s in the back corner in a web cocoon but this turkey is right near where the lid opens.

3ADCB3ED-0A1D-4A36-9D8A-545C09063627.jpeg

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
Brachypelma emilia
From 1 inch to 1.5 inches. This is what i consider a transition between a sling to juvenile,also a lot more colors!
Postmolt.jpg
Postmolt2.jpg

Arachnid Addicted

Arachnoprince
Ceratogyrus marshalli
_MG_2188.JPG
_MG_2189.JPG

Acanthoscurria paulensis
_MG_2159.JPG
_MG_2160.JPG

Tliltocatl albopilosus
_MG_2180.JPG
_MG_2181.JPG

Haplopelma hainanum
_MG_2195.JPG

Cyclosternum schmardae
_MG_2194.JPG

Harpactira pulchripes
_MG_2200.JPG

Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens
_MG_2196.JPG
_MG_2197.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

WolleWolf

Arachnopeon
My 2 Phormictopus spec.Dominican Purple (ex. cautus) molted, they are now 2"-2.5".

One male and one female.

TGod

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My Brachypelma Hamorii. I'd show a pic but you know what little miners these guys can be.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
On Thursday, I discovered that Pavlov, my Poecilotheria regalis, had molted into a mature male. Time to start looking for a date!

liquidfluidity

Arachnoknight
C. versicolor
P. irminia
T. apophysis
T. okerti
B. vagans

And the one I really didn't want to see yet....Singapore Blue.

At the last molt, I was guessing over 6". So I started scrambling to get it's final enclosure together. It's been up for about 2 weeks and I want to go another 2 so I can get the moisture stabilized and everything grown in a bit. She is going to be a beast! 2 feet hanging out so far. She's been coming out a lot more frequently and is due for the much needed space.

jenniferinny

Arachnoknight
My GBB sling molted this morning and my L parahybana molted overnight. The L parahybana looks great, went from around an inch legspan to about 1.5" leg span and actually looks like a tarantula now. The GBB is a 1" legspan now, think it was somewhere around 1/2" before this. My N. incei is eating his first cricket post molt, he molted two days ago and is now a bit over an inch.
They're all so tiny I won't waste space in the thread with photos since I'm just using a phone camera. :)

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Pterinopelma sazimai sling molted. It’s a girl! Two in my collection now :)
Acanthoscurria balcozna female also molted.

Last edited:

Swamps

Arachnopeon
I've got a few, two that I forgot to post to the thread earlier:
T. Violaceus molted to ~2", can't see them well but looks like the purple is coming in
T. Albopilosus molted to 4", confirmed female now
P. Victori molted to 1" - 1.25", immediately disappeared back into burrow

8 legged

Arachnoprince
I've got a few, two that I forgot to post to the thread earlier:
T. Violaceus molted to ~2", can't see them well but looks like the purple is coming in
T. Albopilosus molted to 4", confirmed female now
P. Victori molted to 1" - 1.25", immediately disappeared back into burrow
VERY nice selection!