Who molted today?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
my G pulchripes is still stretching out. Started last night and was still going this AM. High temps and 20% humidity made it a tad nervy but we seem to be stretching out now
My daughter just texted. The G pulchra molted today. I swear they release phermonal triggers because I keep getting paired molts among genus

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
My P. cambridgei that wants to be an avic is currently on its back, on its web hammock (of course, because avic molt on hammocks, right?). I like seeing them after molt, I hate seeing them on their back. Keep your fingers crossed.
IMG_5485.jpg

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
My daughter just texted. The G pulchra molted today. I swear they release phermonal triggers because I keep getting paired molts among genus
I got 5 slings at once in July, they all always molt within a week of each other. Last time in two weeks span all my Ts, except MM T. albo molted in a two weeks span.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
One of my two Orphnaecus sp. ‘Blue’ Panay cast a shed out of its tunnel system.

Pretty sure it's sack mate molted recently too as it disappeared for a similar amount of time, but with no molt I cannot confirm.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
One of my two Orphnaecus sp. ‘Blue’ Panay cast a shed out of its tunnel system.

Pretty sure it's sack mate molted recently too as it disappeared for a similar amount of time, but with no molt I cannot confirm.
Aaaaaand I just pulled out the other Orphnaecus shed last night. Seems my theory was correct, they were both molting.

While doing my daily inspection I also saw that the bigger of my two Aphonopelma Burica slings has molted. Another step in the long slow march to adulthood for my Aphonopelma. Lol

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
This week I had Aphonpelma eutylenum, another Poecilotheria metallica and Psalmopoeus pulcher. Always a special event when an Aphonopelma molts :rofl: 2B717B22-44F6-4E9F-BBFF-454ADB6F46DD.jpeg

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
The p. cambridgei I posted a picture of on Tuesday molted safely. I tried to sext it and I'm not sure but leaning towards a male.

Today I saw a molt in N. chromatus den. Too deep to grab it and probably too small for me to sex it anyway. It was around an inch before molting, today I saw only a bit of a red butt so I can't tell how big it is.

Another P. cambridgei sealed its burrow, two N. incei juvies are pretty fat so I expect more molts in the near future.

Finikan

Painter of Poorly Rendered Images
Arachnosupporter +
Im witnessing my first molt today! 😊

Edit: successful! I haven't seen a full stretch yet to see how much she(optimistic) has grown, she was about an inch and a quarter before the molt.

Last edited:

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
As I wrote, it's a molting season, today my N. incei molted. It doesn't look like it gained a lot of sizes, but I haven't seen it in full stretch yet.

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Acanthoscurria geniculata, Ephebopus cyanognathus, and Megaphobema robustum molted a few days ago.

daisylover211

Arachnopeon
Caribena versicolor sling molted today
my caribena versicolor sling also molted today! I haven’t had her for long and it’s the first I’ve seen. She was already out when I checked on her and it scared the heck out of my but she seems okay luckily :)

Venom 13

Arachnopeon
Forgot to post these pic. My little girl, Hysterocrates sp Bakassi just keeps growing. She must be at least 19cm now after her molt. Her carapace is huge as well now after her molt. Would like to have measured but she is not very nice about it.

Attachments

Steve1698

Arachnopeon
February was a big month for molts here. First my GBB on the 8th, 4 T.albo slings (last one molted on the 28th) and a C. sp Vietnam Blue sling. I have 10 T's total so 60% molted within 20 days of each other, granted the T.albos are assumed from the same sac.