Who molted today?

RevS

Arachnopeon
Got back home after a hard day at work to find my second Phormictopus Sp. "Bayahibe" sling has molted after it's extremely long time in pre molt.

It's sibling molted nearly 2 weeks ago and they both are kept the same and fed at the same time.

IMG_20210212_161912.jpg

I'll move them both to 10x10x10 (cm) boxes when my H.pulchripes molts (I only have one free atm).

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
24EBB2FD-54A6-4977-8FB3-74AB4ACFF910.jpeg
Aphonopelma chalcodes ‘New River’ first molt in my care after 8 months. Hasn’t eaten since July, didn’t burrow, just sat there lol. Graciously decided not to grow at all (honestly it looked smaller :rofl:) and to put the cherry on top it decided to molt upright and leave part of the molt stuck on itself :banghead: . Which means i get to look at that piece of old exoskeleton for the next year :shifty:

KenNet

Arachnosquire
Today and the last 3 days:

Bonnetina cyaneifemur
1 of the 2 I have. Still very small.

Dolichothele diamantinensis
1 of 3. Still a female. I was hoping to confirm it's a male, since the other 2 are confirmed females. Now where to find a male?

Encyocratella olivacea
1 out of 2. This is a remarkable spider!

Ischnothele caudata
Yeah, I know... not a tarantula...but get one before you kill me.

Lampropelma nigerrimum
I just hope it'ss a female this time (4 males before). Don't have the equipment or knowledge to determine the sex from this small molt. I want a female of this beautiful species!

Omothymus schioedtei
1 of 2
Those are really cute as slings! Never had an adult female.

Orphnaecus philippinus
Mature female
Ready for prime time enclosure 😍

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
T. violaceus male and juvenile female Avicularia rufa molted.

Last edited:

Sterls

Arachnobaron
Phormingochilus sp rufus and Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens.

Just found that my G. pulchra sling has fiiiiinally moulted. Felt like it was in premoult forever! Wish I could get pics of the new clothes but it's barricaded itself into it's hide 😂
I've been waiting on my pulchra to molt forever! Every day I check on the tubby bugger and every day it's just bulldozing some more 🙄

LadyVonChimp

Arachnosquire
Woke up to my LP juvie chilling out on a moult mat. I expect it'll flip during the day and I'll get a nice moult by tomorrow hopefully :D

LD50

Arachnolord
Old Timer
My A. chalcodes sling is molting as I type this 😀 first molt in my care. They sure do grow slow! It looks like she didn't grow at all 😆

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Ziplock, my legendary C. huahini sink drain spider (long story behind this) unexpectedly molted into a mature male last night. I knew that the males of this species tend to mature at a smaller size, but I wasn't expecting it to happen this quickly. He's probably 3.5in DLS if I had to estimate and is roughly a year old. Once I can get a decent photo I'll post it.

Kibosh

Arachnoknight
Caribena laeta and Idiothele mira! Wish i could get a good picture of the striking blues..
Huzza! My first molt of my new collection! My I. Mira sling also molted.

Didn't grow much, but it's colors are starting to show nicely.

Also looks like it's eating it's own molt. Never seen that.

My LP flipped. Good luck little buddy!

View attachment 376107
Nahhh it just wants belly rubs haha

Last edited:

l4nsky

Aspiring Mad Genius
Arachnosupporter +
Walked into the T room and saw both of my Ornithoctoninae sp Mindanao Central on their backs. Got enough size now that they can get out of their 5.5oz and into half gallons after a good meal or two.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I may be getting a front row seat to the peep show tonight or tomorrow if I am lucky enough to be up. P. metallica is building a hammock out in the open this time. So ready to get passed this blah molting phase coloration and into its next home. D11F97B7-183F-48E8-87CB-8472A0E9039F.jpeg

Tortuga

Arachnoknight
It must be a “in the quiet hours of the morning thing” but all my critters seem to molt in the AM...aaaaand I cant watch, gotta go to work, dang it!
Hope this little A genic is successful with its endeavors
62F920B2-519B-4F18-8E02-3CAFC92BCBA1.jpeg

Last edited: