Who molted today?

basin79

ArachnoGod
Not today but she threw her moult out so knew she had. And I even got greeted when I went to remove it. Just a screen shot from a video sadly.

Cyriopagopus doriae
B691F0F2-1928-40C7-91B7-F1992B8AE03E.jpeg

miyu

Arachnopeon
This is Socks, my avicularia avicularia, Pre and post molt. The molt is a bit shriveled and damaged so I’m not entirely sure I can sex it and my camera can’t capture that small, but I’m especially sad because my baby lost a pedipalp in the molt! I had a panic attack and looked it up on here and lucky for me others had talked about this and that it’s fairly common and won’t effect eating.
I only got socks about 2 1/2- 3 weeks ago and they came with an incredibly small abdomen and apparently in premolt bc they’ve yet to take a meal from me.
As my first tarantula I’ve been worried off my rocker about literally every little thing and having a missing leg is definitely something my anxiety wants to fret over. If i was more knowledgeable and noticed what was wrong I might have known to drop a bit of water onto the palp. All I can do is wait till it can eat, fatten ‘er up, and hope the next molt goes better. My fire leg, Sandals, should be next to molt.

What do you all think of me getting a hornworm as a special fattening up treat as a first meal with me?

Attachments

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
What do you all think of me getting a hornworm as a special fattening up treat as a first meal with me?
Sure thing,especially after a molt,and if you can find small hornworms.The moisture always is welcome after a molt.One of my go to feeders after a molt.
They are soft enough for fragile fangs,within reason,and fatty goodness.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
Sterling (P. regalis) molted today and I was finally able to grab an intact molt. Sterling is 100% female! When she was younger she had early female coloration but her ventral area had me convinced she was a male at the beginning. I'm pretty happy. Her spermathecae haven't scleroticized yet, so she's not sexually mature, but in the next few years I might consider breeding her eventually.

Attachments

RevS

Arachnopeon
My Phormictopus Sp. Green Gold Carapace has finally molted today after being burried since the very beginning of December. I know because he left a small window when he covered his burrow and I can see inside when the lights are on.
Now I just need to wait for him to come out and show me his new form.
Hopefully he's not mature yet.

I hope the other 3 spiders that are in a premolt won't take as long.