Who molted today?

vicareux

A. geniculata worship cult member
My first ever tarantula,a male T. Albo,just molted mature.
Feel kinda sad,but proud at the same time.
EDIT: Also,a surprise molt, C. Versicolor sling. A major size upgrade. From below 2 inches to about 2.5 inches. I guess this would be a juvenile now!

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My juvenile female Avicularia avicularia (from @cold blood) molted Friday night. I'm going to have to find a bigger container for her.

My first ever tarantula,a male T. Albo,just molted mature.
Feel kinda sad,but proud at the same time.
What a handsome floof!

Last edited:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
both of my Pokies molted (Regalis and Rufilata). Again, I wonder if they release a molting pheromone because doubles seem so common

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
two of my dubias!

They're kept at room temp, so their molts are rare.
I don't have a colony - just a few feeders that I've grown fond of. Maybe I'll start one when they mature out.

My A. Seemanni molted and regrew it's missing leg and pedipalp.
Hey, very cool!

Just curious - did it grow back in just one molt cycle?

Rozwyrazowana

Arachnopeon
it should be fine, just leave her be...good luck
She's molted and back on her legs. It was the first time I saw one of my Ts molt. They either do it in the night or in their hides. Of course, it was fascinating, but also it was stressful, especially when she was lying motionless on her back. She was in heavy premolt for more than a week so I was telling her it's high time to do it but I meant that she should do it in private not show off in the open.

When I was obsessing over B. hamorii, N. incei sling threw out a molt from its hide. I have two of them, they are probably sackmates, the other one molted a few days ago and even though it's still quite small, it already has adult coloring. I managed to take a photo of the new colors yesterday. The one that molted today is shyer so I probably won't find out soon if it has adult colors too.

N. chromatus sling molted yesterday, it was its 4th molt in my care. It's finally getting some colors, it's had stripes on its legs since the previous molt, but now it has some red on his abdomen.

Attachments

AdieSWA

Arachnopeon
I get it bud I still get stressed when I see any of mine molting I'd much rather the did it in secret and were like 'ta-da all done' haha. I'm glad it came through all ok