Who molted today?

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
Not today, but yesterday I discovered that my C. darlingi s'ling had moulted. I had suspected it was coming up, she swatted at the cricket I had offered her a day or two before so I removed the cricket to be safe.
I usually retrieve moults, but she did in underground this time. I could see it, but was not going to dig it out, of course. She's shown a pretty good growth rate in the two months I've had her. Which is not surprising since my C. marshalli exhibits similar progress. That one will be due for a rehouse this spring, I think. It will be my first rehouse for an OW species. Yay.

pbenner

Arachnosquire
I got all the new acquisitions out of their sample tubes and deli cups and into small AMAC containers. Noted while doing this that my Pumpkin Patch sling molted, as well as one of my G. pulchripes slings as well. 3 successful molts this weekend and 17 tarantulas in upgraded accommodations.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
Lots of molts since I last updated. A couple of the most recent;

2 of the 3 I. mira slings - one confirmed female and one probable male
O. violaceopes sling - confirmed female
Both C. fimbriatus slings - both confirmed females
C. marshalli juvie - confirmed male
And my T. vagans female surprising me with a molt as well. :)

Hotpants_2_23_2020_3.jpg
Hotpants_2_23_2020_2.jpg

Liam52

Arachnopeon
Two molts today! First, we have an LP sling with its 4th molt since September. Haven’t had a good opportunity to measure yet, but putting on quite a bit of size with each molt. Pics are of the molts since September (when I got it) and a nice cheeky leg shot for those Playspider magazines😂😂

Second, we have a beautiful N. Chromatus female displaying some pearly whites and gorgeous leg stripes from a fresh molt only a few hours old! Had no idea she was even ready to molt, ate and acted normal right up until she went into position! All in all, a good day on the Spider Shelf EF879B2A-C118-4514-994F-B21BD7EF6991.jpeg FA8436E8-7E10-49BD-80C9-D9DF292BA38E.jpeg 9F54E0E1-96C9-42F9-844B-98CB645BE882.jpeg

Phobiuh

Arachnopeon
My female hamorii from @xenesthis molted overnight.
0D9D5C21-227B-4704-B90A-A56B4ACF9E57.jpeg
FB4719B7-5C99-4A8F-8C7B-17AE6EC3C1E4.jpeg
826F88BE-AC0F-4422-A6A2-198AC88317BE.jpeg
I’ve posted pictures of when I first got her in December at about 1.5”, last week when she was in premolt, and just a few minutes ago after molting. What a difference in color after just one molt!

Last edited:

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Juvenile female Cyriopagopus albostriatus surprised me with a moult overnight. Her previous was the 24th of September and that was her only moult of 2019, so it feels very soon. No complaints though!

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
My Lasiodora parahybana sling #1 moulted sometime between Tuesday the 25th of February and last night, the 28th of February. It has really done some work in its enclosure...substrate everywhere, two openings into its burrow. The old moult had been kicked out, so that was my clue...the huge spider that greeted me when I opened the enclosure to find the water dish was the clincher.

My Grammostola pulchripes moulted for the first time, since I got it. It’s been burying itself, then popping up and going on rage feedings...crazy. Tuesday it refused food, looked very shiny and dark on the abdomen, so things looked good. I over flowed the water dish a bit, to increase humidity a tad. This morning I shined a light into the burrow and was greeted by a significantly larger spider, with its old suit tucked in behind it.

I need to start posting images of these guys as they moulted, they look so nice in their new suits and attires.

I've come back often just to look at the images of this spider. Powder blue and grey...wonderful.

Last edited by a moderator: