Who molted today?

jrh3

Araneae
Arachnosupporter +
Omothymus violaceopes molted, cant wait to see how much size this sling picked up. I heard they grow fast.

One of my M. Balfouri molted too.

z32upgrader

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phormictopus auratus and tiny P. murinus today. Both appear male.
P. auratus pictured.
DSC_0380.jpg

Last edited:

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
Gbb sling molted , got to watch and time lapse the process . Now to try to get the molt out of the web castle ...because of course it molted at the bottom

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
I think I'm having rare winter Moltapalooza (TM) - what I call it when a bunch of adult/sub-adult T's molt close together, this happens more often in the summer. My Bumba cabocla had already molted when I checked this morning, my Acanthoscurria geniculata was on her back when I checked a few minutes ago, and my Theraphosa stirmi should molt soon based her behavior. Also my Brachypelma albiceps and Pterinopelma sazimai both in pre-molt.
Update: my Theraphosa stirmi, Brachypelma albiceps and Pterinopelma sazimai still have not molted, ailtough my stirmi appears to be very close. Also, coming out of nowhere my Thrixopelma lagunas and both(!) of my Brachypelma emilia molted within a day of each other. The two emilia are smaller - 2 inches and 4 inches - so the sudden molts weren't that big of a surprise, but it was funny that they molted within a day of each other.

Morzilla

Arachnopeon
Woke up yesterday to three molts! (Sorry for the last picture being bad but it's hard to get a good one when the little guy is still just a half an inch and buried with dirt all over the wall) got my Pamphobeteus flammifera sling Gothmog, Chromatopelma lindir ( excited about this one because I may get to see if she really is a she) and my baby A. chalcodes barliman butterbur IMG_20200218_115310_968.jpg IMG_20200218_115310_966.jpg 20200218_102131.jpg

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
On the weekend (Sunday, I'd guess), my little Tliltocatl albopilosum moulted and has now been confirmed as female.

And tonight I found my purchased-as-female-but-yet-unconfirmed Acanthoscurria geniculata had moulted, and was able to confirm her as well.

And if that wasn't exciting enough, I believe my sub-adult female Phormictopus auratus is currently spinning her moulting mat.

Now if only my little Ornithoctoninae sp. Hati Hati would get on with it. :grumpy: