Who molted today?

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
3/5 of my versicolor slings molted, and there’s really not much prettier than a fresh sparkly blueberry. :embarrassed:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
My other juvenile Avicularia avicularia (from @cold blood) molted today. Unfortunately, I tore the part of the exuviae I needed for sexing, so this one remains a mystery. (I like to pretend the tarantula is trying to hide the fact that it's male whenever I either can't get the molt, or it tears.)

Rbed2

Arachnopeon
20200109_194957.jpg Love watching slings grow. Heres my still growing girl. Checked on her this morning before work and she was in her hide(never goes in except when close to molting) and this was her when i got home. She came out and molted i guess. Got her from fear not last october as a 3/4"-1" sling.

why do they Cuddle up with the molt after(sometimes). Regaining Moisture??

Last edited by a moderator:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
why do they Cuddle up with the molt after(sometimes). Regaining Moisture??
I haven't seen mine doing anything but "cuddle" (not actually consuming the molt). My guess is the molt is simply there where they are resting, and they are too weak or tired to move it immediately after molting.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Theraphosa blondi ♀

And I stole her discarded old clothes and inspected inside for confirmation -- I was already 98% confident from the previous investigation:

Last edited:

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I tried to feed the Grammostola iheringi and the G. actaeon this morning, and neither ate (even though they both have strong feeding responses), and I said, "These two must be in pre-molt.

Sure enough, later today, the Grammostola iheringi flipped over and molted:

I probably won't try to sex this molt, as it's difficult to work with a 2" molt without tearing it up.

aarachnid

Arachnoknight
I had four tarantulas who molted today!

1. T albo
2. T ockerti
3. L parahybanas
4. B hamorii

I had a really good day at work, went to dinner with my mom, and came home to this. I feel so contented right now.

disentomb

c u r s e d
My Nhandu coloratovillosus had an amazing and successful molt earlier today! I got to catch a quick glimpse of its new long, white legs before it darted down into its burrow to rest.

20200112_073611~2.jpg

Also recently, not one but both of my Ephebopus murinus tarantulas molted and look stunning! By far my favorite species ever!

20200104_180756.jpg
20191222_054822.jpg

Minty

@londontarantulas
Awaiting my Phormictopus sp. Dominican purple sling moulting, and three Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens slings. They all have huge abdomens for their current size so hopefully I'll see it happen in the next week or so.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
My female P. cambridgei (affectionately nicknamed "Crawlspace") molted today in her cork round hide. Beautiful, bright orange feet and olive-green legs! I'm glad everything went smoothly. I'm surprised at how much size she appears to have put on. Unfortunately, since she's in the cork round, I haven't been able to get a photo yet.

Colorado Ts

Arachnoangel
I have 5 GBB slings. GBB #1, #2, and #5 moulted today. #1 & #5 moulted this morning and #4 was on its back moulting when I got home from work. This is their second moult since I got them back in October, 2019; all of the 5 have now moulted...it’s been fun.