Who molted today?

mjzheng

Arachnosquire
Caught my A geniculata sling molting today and got to watch , amazing. Surprised me a little ! 11 day premolt

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
My hamorii sling molted christmas eve. Scared the heck out of me. It has been burrowed for months. I gave it water but no food as the entire burrow was completely sealed off. It started digging itself out and when I found it I thought it was dead. Legs curled under by it's booklungs and totally non responsive. I used my phones camera to zoom in and get a good look. Still looked like that. Knowing how weird Ts can be I left it overnight and found a brand new burrow! Turns out what I saw on Christmas eve was it's knees. Not booklungs. It was stress curled hard post molt and had the soft white knees which were placed on its abdomen. So glad :)

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
After losing interest in food and becoming increasingly lethargic, a 7-legged Aphonopelma henzi female I picked up at an expo in November went into heavy premolt for me about a week ago, the bald spot on her abdomen going dark.

20191222_192913.jpg

Came home this morning to find her molting, however it appears she chose to do so upright.

20191229_093137.jpg

She seemed to struggle a little bit but still overall managed to get through the molt without incident and fairly quick and is recovering. However, the lost leg had attempted to regenerate and came out a little... funky.

20191229_092718.jpg 20191229_092820.jpg

She can move it a little at the base, but that's about it. Looks like it got bent and twisted at a bad angle during her molt, potentially due to her molting upright? Just a guess, but I don't know why else it would have ended up this mangled. I suspect she'll end up dropping it after she hardens up and it dries, but if not I'm curious and mildly apprehensive as to what'll happen next molt. If it'll fix itself, end up worse, and/or cause difficulties molting.

ThorsCarapace22

Arachnosquire
Well it's been a couple days but here ya go. IMG-7358.jpg
My T. Stirmi. Her molt measured a little over 8 inches, so I have no idea how big she is now. Big ole gal though for sure.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
New year, new exoskeleton. Discovered my N. chromatus had done the deed. Second moult under my care, 19 days after the first moult.

Everything appears to be normal and it is definitely showing the white bans bands now.

m_IMG_9071crop.jpg

Faust

Arachnopeon
first sling & first molting spider in my life... glad it went well. and what a great way to start a new decade!

20200102_183059.jpg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I found a newly discarded molt in the enclosure of my P. sazimai sling (from @cold blood). The sling is hiding under its leaf, so I haven't yet seen how much it grew.