Who molted today?

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
A62F5F03-32D0-49E5-8E30-86962AB0A985.jpeg My A. geniculata, Baron von Butterbean, molted today. Pretty fast, too. I woke up, he was on his back. I had an hour long conference call and checked on him, and he’s out! Testing his peds out and drying now.

He was about 4-4.5 inches, so I’m curious how much size he’ll put on. I haven’t successfully sexed him yet either (he was a bday present last month), so looking forward to that, but I suspect male. The suspense is killing me XD

Attachments

volcanopele

Arachnosquire
Meridia, my 2.5” Nhandu coloratovillosus juvenile, molted this morning. Tertius, one of my Lasiodora klugi young juveniles (also ~2.5”), will molt imminently (it is flipped on its back in its burrow)

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Our juvenile female T. stirmi molted for the first time with us! She is so pretty, from what I can see of her in her burrow lol

My juvie P. cam molted and I was able to sex the molt... John is a girl!

20190227_004355.jpg 20190227_003119.jpg

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Good molt, but also a bad one. M. balfouri molted, but it had to lose 2 of its legs in the process, which are still in the old molt. At least it's still alive, and hopefully get them back next molt.
IMG_0094.JPG

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Yeah. Sorry didn't mean to steal them, but I really like that T. Is it a difficult species?
In the future you can just quote the post and it'll notify the person that you quoted them ;)

They're not hard to keep. Moist substrate is about they need. They have a big appetite and grow fast, and are notorious for trying to eat literally everything. That sling tried to eat a stream of water once and yesterday it jumped and grabbed a cricket i was holding in my tongs before I could drop it in.

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel

basin79

ArachnoGod
My newly acquired Harpactira pulchripes has moulted. Sadly she's squashed her skin into her burrow. I was hoping she'd move it up so I could get it out with tongs. She came with some mites so wanted the moult and them out. I'm not prepared to demolish her burrow and stress her out after just moulting though to get it. Hopefully at least some of them will die in the dry skin and sub before finding her again.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Four months ago, my juvie N. tripepii molted. They didn't want to leave the molt and I had to leave, so I figured I would pull the molt for sexing when I got home.

Except they ATE JUST THE ABDOMEN.

Well, low and behold... right on their 4 month schedule... AND THIS TIME, I GOT THE MOLT.

I haven't been THIS happy about a T being female in quite some time!!

20190303_010302.jpg 1551606532654.jpg

And one of my OBT Army juvies is molting as I type!

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
My Harpactira pulchripes and G. pulchra moulted this weekend; they'll need bigger containers pretty soon!

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
View attachment 301350 My A. geniculata, Baron von Butterbean, molted today. Pretty fast, too. I woke up, he was on his back. I had an hour long conference call and checked on him, and he’s out! Testing his peds out and drying now.

He was about 4-4.5 inches, so I’m curious how much size he’ll put on. I haven’t successfully sexed him yet either (he was a bday present last month), so looking forward to that, but I suspect male. The suspense is killing me XD
Oh, so that's what your spider was doing! :rofl: