Who molted today?

S2rodger

Arachnopeon
Got to see my P. irminia molt last night but couldn't get a great pic due to the webbing, hopefully I can sex the molt.
Here she/he is this morning. IMG_20181003_085740.jpg

Gaherp

Arachnofarmer
Old Timer
Couldn't sleep so made the rounds through the tarantula room. Had four A. avicularia, one P. metallica, two H. gabonensis, and still sorting through a sac of E. murinus looks like most have molted there first time. Luckily 90% of the murinus will be wholesaled so I won't have them that much longer.

buzz182

Arachnosquire
Psalmopoeus irminia molted today, really nice growth. Hopefully she'll return to being on display rather than the pet hole she has been the last couple of weeks.

Thekla

Arachnoprince
I just found this little dude(tte) looking fresh and an exuvia downstairs in his burrow. :) His previous molt cycle was about 6 months, but this time it was only 7 weeks.

E sp Red / H sp Fire ❤
View attachment 286995
So, there's hope mine won't need 9 months again??? :astonished:
YES! It actually happens! :astonished:

Just woke up and found my H. sp. fire sling on its back! Only 2 months after its last moult.

20181004_2nd moulting.jpg

It stopped eating about 3 weeks ago, but because its last moult cycle was over 9 months and nearly 5 months of fasting, I didn't expect this at all. :wideyed:
So, maybe I'll have a fully grown cutie before I die...?! YAY! :astonished:

WolfSoon

Arachnoknight
YES! It actually happens! :astonished:

Just woke up and found my H. sp. fire sling on its back! Only 2 months after its last moult.

View attachment 288439

It stopped eating about 3 weeks ago, but because its last moult cycle was over 9 months and nearly 5 months of fasting, I didn't expect this at all. :wideyed:
So, maybe I'll have a fully grown cutie before I die...?! YAY! :astonished:
Yay, congrats!! :embarrassed: I can see why you were surprised. :astonished:
There is definitely hope, and cause for celebration, because one of my H sp Fire just molted after 2 months also! :cigar: Our Ts were in sync from across the globe..haha.

[Also, my P. cambridgei sling molted for the first time since I got it!]

Thekla

Arachnoprince
Yay, congrats!! :embarrassed: I can see why you were surprised. :astonished:
There is definitely hope, and cause for celebration, because one of my H sp Fire just molted after 2 months also! :cigar: Our Ts were in sync from across the globe..haha.
That's amazing! :astonished:

After I had to leave it to its own devices this morning, I just came home to a successfully moulted T:
2nd moult.jpg
And in contrast to last time (when there was basically no growth at all), it grew quite a bit this time around, at least 1/2" I'd say. :kiss:

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Male Avicularia purpurea matured today!!! now If my female would just molt as well.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
The exciting molt for today is from my newly confirmed as FEMALE I. mira! :D

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
AF P.ornata, she molted fifteen days ago...only just came out of hiding today so I took a few pictures and fed her a nice meal.
20181005_145153.jpg

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
Captain Hotdog, the very first T I got 2 years ago (G. rosea), molted last night for the first time in over a year. Dare I hope this T is female? It’s a solid 3 inches now but the previous molt was totally destroyed and it’s not as obvious as with my Costa Rican Tiger Rump, where there was an obvious flap.

Look at that big ole booty!

Attachments

lostbrane

Arachnobaron
Just found a molt in the enclosure for my male P. subfusca LL. Hasn't come out yet sadly.

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
As I was getting my clothes ready for work today I saw my B. albopilosum flip over onto its web mat. Another molting process I can’t get on timelapse!! :mad::rage::punch::banghead::hurting:

Edit: little guy when I got home
6BB837B1-DAA3-49CE-BFDA-9A21251CC795.jpeg

Last edited: