Who molted today?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So I hope this thread can become a long, ever growing one. If you have a spider molt, post it here the day it happens. I think it would be cool to see how many people can have a spider or spiders molt the same day.

So let's hear it. Who molted today?

P. irmina

Was showing signs, was still up and about today around noon. I walked back into my room at 4 and it had already finished a molt.

Went from ~1.5" to 2". I'll add exact measurements later.

This past week:
L. parahybana - 6.5" to 7.25"
H. lividum - No clue how much size gained

Last edited:

synic

Arachnosquire
So I hope this thread can become a long, ever growing one. If you have a spider molt, post it here the day it happens. I think it would be cool to see how many people can have a spider or spiders molt the same day.

So let's hear it. Who molted today?

P. irmina

Was showing signs, was still up and about today around noon. I walked back into my room at 4 and it had already finished a molt.

Went from ~1.5" to 2". I'll add exact measurements later.
One more molt and he/she will probably be all adult colored :D

Had my ~.5" Versi molt 2 days ago. I swear she didn't grow more than a millimeter, but I guess I'll see when she finally comes out of her funnel. They look super cool right after molting... light blue body, red fangs (and mouth area).

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I have 90 Ts... I have molts every week. None today, but 5 over the weekend and 3 yesterday...

Includes my 6.5" pulchripes female from Haplofool, a 2i to 3i sling, a faciatum, 2 vagans. One of my communal boys (P. formosas) also molted and is well over 4" DLS. I record them all on my T log, otherwise, I cannot keep up with them all!

I love Irminias... one of mine molted again recently and is going to have to be rehoused... again.

Marga

Mattybofmd

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yesterday G.Rosea 2 in male molted
today P.rufi 2.5 still unsexed destroyed molt
today A.Metallica 4 in female

Formerphobe

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Had a H. lividum pitch its exuvium out today. Not sure when it actually molted. Size: Ummm, bigger? {D

In the past week:
Two H. lividum, size unknown
One B. boehmei ~1.5"
One B. emelia ~1.25"
Two B. emelia ~2.0"
One B. vagans ~1.5"
One GBB ~2.0"
One LP ~4.0"

synyster

Arachnobaron
Had a .5" LP sling molt today.

Past week:
P.regalis - 2"
H.maculata - 1.85"
A.versicolor - 1.75"
A.avicularia - 1.25"
A.avicularia - 1.5"
P.murinus - 3.5"

RoseT

Arachnosquire
I had my 2" P. metallica molt yesterday...grew a whole Inch LS easily...Man do these T's grow.. 2nd molt in my care since I got her late april.

Had a B bohemi molt the same day...and my Pulchripes is already refusing food.

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Fantastic idea.
I can not vouch for the exact molt day but, Three of my G pulchra have surfaced from their hides in the past week. A fourth should be out very soon.
I have a MF T. stirmi that molted May 31 (exactly 20 weeks from her last molt).

JamieC

Arachnopeon
One of my Stromatopelma calceatum slings moulted sometime last night! It was about 2.5cm. I'm not sure how much growth has occured as I can't see the spider. I'll add it later if I get to measure it.

Great idea Chris! :)

BrynWilliams

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This week

A huriana (finally after the longest premoult ever)
H gigas
P murinus x 3
H maculata

Last week

L parahybana x 2
P cambridgei x 2
P murinus x 4

tarantulagirl10

Arachnobaron
Had a B albopilosum and A brocklehursti molt yesterday (June 2nd). Within the last week: A metallica, A geniculata, 2 A avics, A juruensis, B emilia, B smithi, hmmm I think that's it. LP is about to pop, and GBB not far behind.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
my 5"+ female B. vagans molted today, and i saved a A. avic from a pet store today, and when i got it home it was already in the middle of a molt, was hoping it was a boy, sexed it and another female 3 1/4" molt

OphidianDelight

Arachnoknight
My Stent's whistling T (Phlogius sp.) molted sometime between 10pm 06-03-11 and 1am 06-04-11. Haven't retrieved the exuvium or gotten a good look at the spider yet as it molted underneath cover. Got a pic from the entrance to its burrow, you can definitely see the color of fresh sling molt on the legs.

Attachments

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Well it probably wasn't today, but inside the last two days my 4-1/2" L. Violaceopes molted out mature at somewhere around 6-1/2" to 7". It was rediculous how much bigger it got. He's still soft, but I got him packed up and dropping him off with a friend to start the breeding cycle!

Happy to have my first T fully mature, but sad its not a beautiful blue/purple lady :(

Scoolman

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Just received 3 C. ritae about 1.25" each, yestrday. Cr1 molted late last night or early this morning.