Who molted today?

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
When I got home from work, I found that Genicula, my juvenile male Acanthoscurria geniculata, had made himself a molting hammock and was on his back. I can't wait to see how big and grumpy he gets.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
Not molted but, rather, currently molting.
But my Xenesthis sp. white has made a mat and is on its back.
Pretty stoked because I’ve heard these guys put on a lot of size with each molt and I’m excited to see the changes.

Craig73

Arachnoangel
G. iheringi after 5hrs and still scrunched up so no idea how much size it actually gained. Also Bumba horrida molted today.

29570885-D636-44BD-881F-854591ABCA45.jpeg 8FCEFD4F-2C07-496B-9278-B090A02B379D.jpeg

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
And to continue the month of molts, my Caribena versicolor also molted while I was at work on Thursday. He (I think) is looking quite fluffy.

I feel like the bumba looks almost alien when it’s not hardened up. 🤣
I like them, because they remind me of true spiders -- not a typical tarantula build.

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
What a sneak!

I just happened to glance in the direction of my mature female Avicularia avicularia and saw a leg sticking up in an unnatural direction. Apparently Skyler molted.

Even though she just molted six months ago, ate within the last week or two, and did not seal off her retreat.

QuinnStarr

Arachnosquire
Arachnosupporter +
I just got home from a 1200 round trip drive and I found my N chromatus sling molted while I was gone.
I think it’ll be okay in it’s condiment cup for one more molt but then we’re going to need to upgrade.

my A avic has started webbing up the web tunnel it made at the entrance to its cork bark too so possible premolt there and my Brachy is in heavy premolt too.

MotherofDragons

Arachnopeon
My favorite T. albopolisum, and my prized A. juruensis M2 slings both molted last night!! I caught the juruensis on her back right after she was finishing up. Nobody else gets my excitement. I have others still burrowed away I am waiting on, and one more Avic in premolt.

The juruensis was giving me a tad bit of anxiety having refused to eat for me since I got her, though I knew that is normal. I have now learned the difference in identifying premolt in my pink legged arboreals vs. terrestrials. Leveling up in my Tarantula game!! I can't wait to get a good look at her and for her to EAT in several days.

dangerforceidle

Arachnoangel
Two of my boys have matured recently, Caribena versicolor and Psalmopoeus cambridgei. The P. cambridgei matured so quickly, it's a bit sad.

Now if my Theraphosa blondi would get on with it, I'd be happy.