Who is your most stubborn rehouse?

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
My first thought was Holothele longipes. Transfering one I was rearing out of a vial it outgrew to a sling enclosure . Omg, what a bolty nightmare . I knew they were fast but I obviously hadn’t appreciated HOW fast they can be. I cringe to this day, just think whack a mole with a catch cup….
This is how I feel with my Linothele and Diplura sp. rurrenabaque. Whack a mole with a catch cup.

herpetogeorgie

Arachnopeon
My P. sp. platyomma loves to plant his feet and refuse to move an inch when it comes to rehouse time. Easier when he was a sling but now he's a big, chunky guy it's not so simple...

SquidStina

Arachnopeon
At the time I was still very new with rehousing Ts, but the C.versicolor I used to have was always a hilarious nightmare to rehouse. She only wanted to go "UP". I accidentally handled her several times because while trying to redirect her I unintentionally positioned my hand higher than her and she noticed and and immediately bolted "UP". I'd bring my hand towards the enclosure and if the enclosure was not at a higher point she'd run up my arm. Or if I got her into the enclosure via catch cup she'd run up the side of the enclosure and to the top/above the lid, just to sit up there like it was a throne.
It was like trying to push two opposing magnets apart.

The most recent absurd rehouse was my husband's Plesiopelma sp.Bolivia sling. It buried itself in the substrate when it realized something was trying to move it. The more substrate I brushed out, the deeper it smushed itself into its pill vial. Poor thing didn't want to move out of their first apartment.

starlight_kitsune

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My poecilitheria regalis is a pain in the butt to rehouse. Not because he bolts or gets defensive, but because he tucks himself into the hardest to maneuver corners in existence and hunkers down like he's waiting out an apocalyptic event. He's in his final enclosure now though, so at least I won't have to bother again unless I decide he needs a date when he matures.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Some of my Poecilotheria sometimes are bit weary for me in terms of rehouses, but it varies. Sometimes I have species/specimens that are more cooperative than others when it comes to rehouses. So it does vary every now and then.

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
My m. robustum is a ROCK... Once I dig him up he refuses to move and I swear his toes are glued down. I had to resort to lifting up one leg at a time to encourage some movement. I've tried the water method in the past and it just ended up as a sloppy mess.
My M. robustum is the exact same way! Will absolutely "play dead" when dug up for a rehouse. When she was a sling I'd scoop under her with a plastic spoon, and now that she's 5+" I do the same thing but I use a big silicone cooking spoon 😂. Pop a catch cup on top and then she doesn't have to move herself at all. The only other T who plays possum like that one is my teeny tiny P. sazimai.
What's the feasibility of just putting the small enclosure inside the large enclosure, and letting the T transfer when it damn well pleases?
I've tried this, and it seems to me a T will always prefer it's old enclosure to it's new one. I had a 5" spider still living in a 6" jar, inside of an spacious but well decorated adult enclosure. Left it for months hoping it would explore on it's own, and finally put my foot down and just rehoused it the old fashioned way. I've also had similar issues with receiving slings in vials and attempting to let them come out on their own.

Tarantulafeets

Arachnobaron
I rehoused my L giannisposatoi few days ago, and had to dig it out because it's fossorial. It was all covered in dirt and not happy, so it bolted out of its old enclosure and around the tub I was rehousing it in, climbed out and jumped of the table (1 foot drop) went across the underside of the table and I cupped it just before it went under the couch. Currently settling in to its new enclosure right now. Looks gorgeous though
P1100098-01.jpeg

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
My juvenile Psalmopoeus pulcher gave me a hard time for about an hour today. No bolting, no threat posing, just pure stubbornness. Even after I had systemically removed EVERYTHING from her enclosure, she still would not budge from where her burrow had been. She was in a corner too so i couldn’t even cup her! :banghead: Every time I tried to move her with the brush she would very slowly turn to face it and then proceed to do absolutely nothing, rinse and repeat. I swear sometimes I wish I could just pick them up LOL

Craig73

Arachnoangel
I haven’t had any real stubborn rehouses unless you count the 4” P. irminia that played with me for 5-10 minutes before it gave up its old digs for the new one. I’m more stubborn than my T’s when it comes to rehousing them, can’t stand the actual transfer part, it’s like a staring contest here.