Who is keeping Euathlus sp.??

invertobsession

Arachnopeon
Just looking for more info pertaining to wich got reclassified etc.
Took a break from the hobby and remember they used to be readily for sale but not as much anymore due to Chili not exporting anymore.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I have 2 slings that were sold to me in November as Euathlus parvulus, and I have1 spider that was sold as this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-26 at 9.35.02 AM.png

It is not a Homoeomma anything, and according to Tom Patterson, it is also not a Euathlus condorito (this is what I have and what he was also sold). So I have a mystery Euathlus.

If you look up "tarantulateacher" on Instagram, she keeps a large number of Euathlus species, but I don't get the impression that she's selling or has any intention of breeding them. She might have more information for you, though.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I keep a number of Euathlus - they are one of my favourite genera. Very difficult to breed and I am not holding my breath to see them much in the hobby in the future.
If you are referring specifically to Euathlus sp. Red, they are now Homoeomma chilensis and are extremely difficult to find.
Euathlus condorito
IMG_1989-1.jpg
Euathlus manicata (sold as parvulus in Canada)
IMG_0287 (2)-1.jpg
Euathlus truculentus (sold as pulcherrimaklaasi in Canada)
IMG_0194 (2)-1.jpg

invertobsession

Arachnopeon
Thats exactly what i was looking for...Waiting on a molt from my Homoeomma chilensis to see what sex it is.
Also have a E. truculentus that just molted and is looking like a male.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have sling of the former Phrixotrichus scrofa, which has apparently been moved to the Euathlus genus and goes by a different name, the name escapes me at the moment however.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have 2 slings that were sold to me in November as Euathlus parvulus, and I have1 spider that was sold as this:

View attachment 352108

It is not a Homoeomma anything, and according to Tom Patterson, it is also not a Euathlus condorito (this is what I have and what he was also sold). So I have a mystery Euathlus.

If you look up "tarantulateacher" on Instagram, she keeps a large number of Euathlus species, but I don't get the impression that she's selling or has any intention of breeding them. She might have more information for you, though.
Wow it’s not condorito! What did Tom say?

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince

View attachment 352108

She also has 3 different Typhochlaena sp o_O

Hope she ends up getting them bred, so they don't need to steal more from the wild