Who has worse venom, Yellow Sac or Cyriocosmus Elegans?

Mike Page

Arachnopeon
Im thinking of getting an Elegans. I am brand new to tarantulas but I have kept Yellows Sacs. I've been bitten twice by Yellow Sacs and it was pretty nasty! The pain was BAD! Also got hot flashes. My question is, would the Elegans have more of a significant venomous bite than the Yellow Sac? I also have pet birds, should I worry about the Elegans escaping and biting them? If you would not recommend this species, could you guys recommend a dwarf species for beginners?

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Idk about yellow sac venom but C elegans is probably like a bee sting so by your description I'd guess less bad. It's really easy to not get bitten by one tho. I raised one from tiny to sub adulthood before trading him for other slings and never saw that much of it. They are very pretty though

Your bird is infinitely more likely to eat the spider than the spider hurting your bird. But, you should not worry about your spider escaping. Just don't put ventilation holes bigger than the carapace. If it bolts when feeding or doing maintenance, just catch cup it and put it back in the enclosure.

This is a perfectly fine beginner dwarf species.

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
I think you should reconsider some of your practices if you're regularly being bit.

Escapes are always preventable.

Mike Page

Arachnopeon
I think you should reconsider some of your practices if you're regularly being bit.

Escapes are always preventable.
Im not regularily being bit. I was bit by wild ones roaming around my house. I decided to keep a few instead of letting them out in -40 degrees. Those were not the ones that bit me. From what I've heard yellow sacs are extremely violent and bite for no reason. They dont retreat, they stalk us. lol.

Sizzlipede

Arachnopeon
From the reports on this site, Cheiracanthium bites sound worse than that of the average New World T, which is what I’m assuming C. elegans is.