who has the oldest T?

MadTitan

Arachnopeon
I bought a 5 inch "rosie" from a local pet store 10 years ago. So, she's got to be at least 20yrs old, right? She's grown a whole inch since I got her!

Armstrong5

Arachnosquire
yea u have me beat but my rosie is my oldest T she is 14 and hasnt molted in almost 2 yrs

bobusboy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I bought a 5 inch "rosie" from a local pet store 10 years ago. So, she's got to be at least 20yrs old, right? She's grown a whole inch since I got her!
20 years wow.

My oldest is 10 year old B. bohemei

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Got ya beat! Got a 6" Rosie from a store and it's been sitting in the same corner for close to 25 years. Doesn't move ever, starting to get worried :?

Le Wasp

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think in 40 years, I may try to take this title! My B. emelia slings are over 3 years old and they're barely an inch long! Schultz said his B. emelia lived for 20 years, and she was aquired as an adult. At this growth rate, mine won't be adults for a very long time...

MadTitan

Arachnopeon
Got ya beat! Got a 6" Rosie from a store and it's been sitting in the same corner for close to 25 years. Doesn't move ever, starting to get worried :?
So, if I use the same, completely unprovable logic I used to get the age of my T, your rosie is 45yrs old.... Is it alive?

JOHN 3:16

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have a Brachypelma smithi that I bought as a 1/4" sling eleven (11) years ago in January.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
lol, idk... It stopped eating awhile back (probably 20 years ago). All I can say is this is the LONGEST premolt I've ever seen. It stunk awhile back, but now the smell has dissapated. Come to think of it, it does look a tad deflated... :p

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have a 17 year old B. Albopilosum that just molted for the first time in 2 1/2 years.

Trav

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I got a Rosehair back in 98. It was 4-5 inches then. Its about 6"+ now. I'm its 3rd owner from what I know. So that would make her 20+ I'm thinking. She still looks healthy as can be for her age.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My friend gave me his A. seemani that he had since he was a kid. It's probably around 10-12 years old. His parents had been taking care of it, in all the wrong conditions... for years. His mom cried when I came to take her away. lol...

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a male rosy that lived for 5 years after maturing. He molted again after maturing and lived for another two years

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a male rosy that lived for 5 years after maturing. He molted again after maturing and lived for another two years
That's not typical for a male to do that, is it? Both my male avics died maybe 6 months after maturing. It was a sad day...

Cydaea

Arachnosquire
I got my old G. rosea in 2000 (or maybe 1999), she was born in 1996 according to the breeder. She died last december, so she was over 16 years old. I miss her :( I got a new one, but it's just not the same.

tin man

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No its really uncommon. However I read in one of Schultz books that it occasionally happens but most of the time the males don't live after the second molt. When mine molted though the bulbs on the pedipalps were stuck during the molt and I manually had to help remove the skin. But the bulbs were permenantly damaged and he could no longer reproduce.

LuiziBee

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That sucks. But it's still amazing. Of course, leave it to a rosea to do it. Haha

MrCrackerpants

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a 16 year old Avicularia avicularia (Pink Toe Tarantula) and a 26 year old Grammostola rosea (Chilean Rose Tarantula). I am the 2nd owner of the Avicularia avicularia and the third owner of the Grammostola rosea.

Last edited: