Tarantula Rehousing Thread

Dovey

Arachnobaron
He is 4 inches, so I'd guess at least a couple of molts.
Well I've got a 6-inch young lady arriving next week. So call me Yente from Fiddler on the Roof, but "have I got a girl for you..." You can't start matchmaking too early. :happy:

Thekla

Arachnoprince
After my GBB sling moulted last weekend and doubled (at the very least) in size, a rehousing seemed appropiate. :D

Before:

GBB_baby enclosure.jpg

After:

GBB_new enclosure.jpg

GBB_new enclosure2.jpg

And yes, it's a 'Ferrero Rocher' box! :D It was originally intended for my little GBB when it first arrived, but back then it was way too big for that tiny little sling. Now I hope it will last a couple of moults. ;)
The little one already started webbing in the back... we'll see how long it'll take until everything's webbed over.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
Just rehouse my C. Fimbriatus. I was expecting a really bolty spider because that's what I had seen in the past, but what I got was the most stubborn, most tolerant spider I've ever seen. I poked her butt for about 5 minutes because she moved one pedipalp into her new enclosure. Resized_20180317_193656_8974.jpeg

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Dont see why this never took off, maybe due to the low frequency of rehousing's?

Seemannnni

Arachnoknight
well i'll update and say i rehoused my avic juruensis into a lil 5.5oz cup yesterday, right after putting it into a 32oz when i first got it yesterday too. it's been staying on the ground in the current one, though i imagine it's normal given it's probably quite stressed and acclimating. anyone to prove such?

Attachments

TheHound

Arachnoknight
Did my first rehousing yesterday afternoon after getting my tarantula last Saturday. New enclosure is deeper, filled higher (previously it had insufficient depth to burrow), and has a new hide and fresh substrate with a little starter burrow. After entering the enclosure it immediately stuck half of itself in the burrow, then for the next day stayed away from it and spent the entire time chilling in various spots around the enclosure: on the hide, on the substrate, over the water dish, touching the side of the enclosure. Then this evening I go and check and I can't see it - look closer and it's decided to excavate the burrow a little more. You can see it poking a leg out in the pic.

I guess it had a good thorough inspection of its new surroundings and decided all was well to proceed with working on its safe spot. Anyway, old news to most people on here I'm sure, but after a day feeling mostly fairly crappy it gave me a nice happy moment. Need to remove some of the dug-out substrate I think - bit of a mound forming outside the hide. And on top but I think I'll leave that as it's minimal and looks kind of cool.

Attachments

Asgiliath

Arachnobaron
Kinda unrelated but I reeeally need to rehouse my P. met. Gonna move it into my P. Irminia's old enclosure and rehouse her elsewhere.

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Kinda unrelated but I reeeally need to rehouse my P. met. Gonna move it into my P. Irminia's old enclosure and rehouse her elsewhere.
It’s absolutely related,as long as it’s rehousing ..Just come back,and share the experience with us. That’s the point of this thread And pics from start to finish if possible.Good luck.

0311usmc

Arachnobaron
Rehoused my recently molted P.cam from 36oz ziplock container to an extra large kritter keeper. For the first time I am trying a cork bark round rather than my usual cork bark flat angled. I really like how it turned out. I also used some moss and incorporated it onto the cork bark and around it.

Attachments

mack1855

Arachnoangel
Arachnosupporter +
Rehoused my recently molted P.cam from 36oz ziplock container to an extra large kritter keeper. For the first time I am trying a cork bark round rather than my usual cork bark flat angled. I really like how it turned out. I also used some moss and incorporated it onto the cork bark and around it.
I see you use the Ziploc containers also!. I love these,and have used them for years.Cheap,easy to open and less disturbing than the deli cup snap lids.