Who else here handles from time to time?

Reezelbeezelbug

Arachnosquire
When I first got into the hobby I wanted to make sure I had some "handleable" Ts. After handling a couple, I just found it to be terribly boring, so I don't go out of my way to do it anymore. The closest I get is to let slings run around my hands when I rehouse them. I keep my handling to a mantis or handful of isopods, way more exciting to me.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Dwarf Ts always good - take up less space!
It's more so the color and the fact that I really have no experience with dwarfs except C. Ritae and Hapalopus.. I'm excited to work with them and see what they are all about.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It's more so the color and the fact that I really have no experience with dwarfs except C. Ritae and Hapalopus.. I'm excited to work with them and see what they are all about.
There’s an OW dwarf you should get- the females are gorgeous blue with a speckled ab.

Insanely fast though- max size 2”

H gabonensis

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
When I first got into the hobby I wanted to make sure I had some "handleable" Ts. After handling a couple, I just found it to be terribly boring, so I don't go out of my way to do it anymore. The closest I get is to let slings run around my hands when I rehouse them. I keep my handling to a mantis or handful of isopods, way more exciting to me.
I don't think it's boring... handling the tame species like curly hairs, rose hairs, red knees, etc is one thing...

Handling large pokies, OBTs, Irminias, etc is another story..

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
I've handled a few. I don't make a habit of it, but I have no issues sticking out my hand if certain Ts bolt out of their enclosures. I've had a T Albopilosus quickly go from my hand to my neck and had no issue. Was a great demonstration why NOT to handle them, as well as
how not to panic if one does exactly that. Curly's have a good burst but they stop to rest right after so if you don't panic, they are really easy to retrieve. I have done some demos for educational and sales purposes, and exactly as stated before, to show the public they aren't to be feared. Of Note: Scorpions enjoy the warmth of your hand. It is sometimes difficult to get them to leave.

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
Honestly even if I wanted to handle I don't think I have any Ts good for it. They're all either too food motivated or too skittish for me to think it's a good idea. Pair that with the fact that I'm about the jumpiest person I know, it wouldn't end well. :nurse:

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Honestly even if I wanted to handle I don't think I have any Ts good for it. They're all either too food motivated or too skittish for me to think it's a good idea. Pair that with the fact that I'm about the jumpiest person I know, it wouldn't end well. :nurse:
that is a wise conclusion given what you know about yourself and your Ts. I love informed decision making

Rigor Mortis

Arachnobaron
that is a wise conclusion given what you know about yourself and your Ts. I love informed decision making
Not counting the two penny-sized slings, half of mine strike anything that moves and half of them wig out if I even nudge their enclosure. Odds aren't in my favour that it'd end nicely.

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
Never handled so far... Also never used my paintbrush to nudge a T, always use one method whenever I need to get a T out: placing a catch up on top of it and sliding a piece of cardboard underneath... So now I'm thinking of starting painting to find a use for my paintbrush :)

Braden

Arachnoknight
Never handled so far... Also never used my paintbrush to nudge a T, always use one method whenever I need to get a T out: placing a catch up on top of it and sliding a piece of cardboard underneath... So now I'm thinking of starting painting to find a use for my paintbrush :)
As long as it doesn't have paint remains on it. Not sure how the chemicals could affect the T, right?

Craig73

Arachnoangel
As long as it doesn't have paint remains on it. Not sure how the chemicals could affect the T, right?
They were saying they never used the paintbrush that was intended to assist with moving the T. Instead of the paintbrush just laying around they’d think about taking up painting to actually use it.

Don‘t worry, I saved a seat on the slow bus, at least I have company now.

Jess S

Arachnobaron
They were saying they never used the paintbrush that was intended to assist with moving the T. Instead of the paintbrush just laying around they’d think about taking up painting to actually use it.

Don‘t worry, I saved a seat on the slow bus, at least I have company now.
See you both on that bus! I'm a frequent passenger lol

Craig73

Arachnoangel
See you both on that bus! I'm a frequent passenger lol
I drive a yellow Wrangler...everyday is a special day for me. Just pump up the stereo with “The wheels on the bus go round and round“, roll down the back windows and enjoy the wind going in one ear and out the other. Life is bliss.

ErikElvis

Newb
I’m not against it but don’t really have a desire to do it either. If you do handle just have to prepare yourself the best you can to not flick the t off of ya if you get tagged. I’ve been bit by many animals but a t is not one I wish to get bit by.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
There’s an OW dwarf you should get- the females are gorgeous blue with a speckled ab.

Insanely fast though- max size 2”

H gabonensis
Haha dude.. That's the only "Heterothelie" (spell check need for sure) on the list! They are gourgous!

I’ve been bit by many animals but a t is not one I wish to get bit by.
See I'm the exact opposite a couple puncture wounds don't bother me at all... I have been torn up by everything from monitors and caiman to an adult female squirrel and I'll tell ya after being assualted by that squirrel I fear bites from nothing else. I could feel her teeth on my bones, she bit my fingers so hard she went straight through the nail on a few fingers and I thought she was gonna split the bone in half..I had an argus monitor sever an artery on my right hand at 2am once. I had to drive myself 35 mins to the nearest hospital and honestly the list goes on man. Animals are my life been that way since I was 4, I blame it all on cats. Lol

Not counting the two penny-sized slings, half of mine strike anything that moves and half of them wig out if I even nudge their enclosure. Odds aren't in my favour that it'd end nicely.
No sir I don't think it would..

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
If you do handle just have to prepare yourself the best you can to not flick the t off of ya if you get tagged.
once in a while @ Shows while we are selling, the boss is rehousing Ts, I have had to retrieve a 1.5" P Metallica off the back of his neck and an adult vinagaroon from inside his shirt. It always provides entertainment and a teaching opportunity. You just have to be
calm and slow. Any reaction is heading in the wrong direction

Benson1990

Arachnoknight
I was at a reptile zoo not so long ago and they hold animal interactions every hour or so, one of them was a tarantula.

We were actually allowed handle the species, it was a T. Albo, children weren't allowed but the adults were, a keeper was passing it from person to person, it was very sketchy if im honest and at one point the T jerked and kind of jumped onto a fellas jumper. lucky he didn't panic.

Im surprised they are willing to do this, seems like an accident waiting to happen.