Who else here handles from time to time?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Hell even fish breeders pick there fish up to examine them from time to time. I found this pic of my old LP this was about 15yrs ago now! So what are you holding? Sorry had to pull it from my IG.. This is not a pic thread by the way it's a handling thread that can include pics to show you participating in the subject matter. Screenshot_2020-11-21-00-11-55.png

Last edited:

Poonjab

Arachnoking
Never handled a T willingly. Had some bolts that required hands. But other than that, no.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I respect y'alls opinions.. I don't do it so leisurely anymore, pretty sure in that pic It was A saturday morning and back then I would chill with whatever T I wanted for 20-30 mins at a time.. Eventually most settle down and act like your just furniture in there cage.. Arboreals hate the feeling of skin though ime.. Specially avics.. I have video on my IG of me trying to coax out a female M type #6 onto my hand and she visibly recoiled when she touched it.. You observe interesting things like that and that's part of why I handle here and there.

spideyspinneret78

Arachnoprince
I've never deliberately handled one of my tarantulas. There was one time when my Avic juvie decided to come out of his enclosure and explore and I let him crawl on my hand for a few seconds, but that was it.

14pokies

Arachnoprince
I've never deliberately handled one of my tarantulas. There was one time when my Avic juvie decided to come out of his enclosure and explore and I let him crawl on my hand for a few seconds, but that was it.
Crazy how light they are right.. I had a MM C.versicolor run onto the back of my hand and I didn't notice till I looked at my hand as I was starting to move enclosures!

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
I tried when I first got them, but I had one bolt up my arm and my reaction was to shake it from my arm. So now I only do on accident. Like the other day when I rehoused a versicolor and it kept crawling on me or a few months ago I went to feed an L Klugi juvenile and when I opened the lid it was mysteriously on my hand

Last edited:

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Good save ;)
I mean im not proud of that but I didn't expect it to bolt or expect myself to try to flick my arm. I was sitting on the floor fwiw and it was an arboreal NW. I know I'm far from the only one who has had this experience but I hope anyone who reads this and doesn't know better won't make the same mistakes I did

14pokies

Arachnoprince
but I had one bolt up my arm and my reaction was to jerk it off.
Re-read the above stament and say it slowly in your head a few times, I think you will find poonjab was messin w ya.. Lol.. Yea I have the same knee jerk reaction unless I'm really focused..

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I respect y'alls opinions.. I don't do it so leisurely anymore, pretty sure in that pic It was A saturday morning and back then I would chill with whatever T I wanted for 20-30 mins at a time.. Eventually most settle down and act like your just furniture in there cage.. Arboreals hate the feeling of skin though ime.. Specially avics.. I have video on my IG of me trying to coax out a female M type #6 onto my hand and she visibly recoiled when she touched it.. You observe interesting things like that and that's part of why I handle here and there.
My juvi H chilensis leaves as soon as the lid is off- typical for this species. They too don’t like the touch of human flesh. Think it’s because we are too soft.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
My first A. avicularia shot out from its packaging and flew right up my arm once. It was my first arboreal/ semi speedy T and I definitely wasn’t expecting it to bolt up my arm. Never touched them bare handed unless it was an accident. That has also been the only accident.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Just me I like to look at them and want to continue to be able to look at them, and just not on the floor with a ruptured abdomen, but safe in their enclosures.I have never handled one of my tarantulas.

My only political views are very Pro Anti-Splat