Who doesn't have a G. rosea?!

Who doesn't own a G. rosea?

• Total voters

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Everyone knows that most people's first T was most likely a G. rosea. Mine was. Being that it is the most common T in the hobby, everyone probably has one. I want to know who DOESN'T.

*RCFs count

The Dude

Arachnopeon
When I bought my first T I thought it was one but it turned out to be a P. scrofa.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I own one. :) Wasn't my first, but i picked one up because it seems that no collection is complete without one.

Quixtar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've never owned a G. rosea before. My first T was H. lividum.

Ictinike

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yea none here, yet.

I hope to find a nice RCF variant at a show or dealer sometime as I do eventually want one.

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Never owned one. my first T was my B. smithi. I used to think I would never own one, but now I would really like to get my hands on a female RCF.

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I had one long long ago, well before I was actually in the hobby. Closest I have now are a coupla pulchra

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I don't currently have one & feel ok with one :D

They weren't my first species, but I did used to own a NCF G. rosea that was a rock & a RCF G. rosea that would spazz out so badly it'd flip onto it's back while dripping venom.

PrimalTaunt

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Don't own one and there are plenty of other tarantulas on my wanted list ahead of it.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I sold mine to tallguy ;( her 5.5 inches of glory! :(

JohnyScaggs

Arachnopeon
My first and only was a little G' Rosea, he passed about two weeks ago and looks like I'll be gettings a GBB sling here shortly to replace him with

Anubis77

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's been a thing of mine not to get the most common animal in the market. As firsts, Fat-Tailed Gecko instead of a Leopard, Carpet Python instead of a Ball, Centruroides sculpturatus instead of a Pandinus imperator, Grammostola pulchripes instead of G. rosea. I still don't have any of the hobby staples like G. rosea. Don't really intend to get it either. At least not pay for one. There's a lot of other species I'd get before G. rosea.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I don't have one, never did. I did sit for one about a week. I can't remember her getting out of one of the corners at all! {D

GPulchra

Arachnoknight
I did my research on Ts before buying one. I decided not to contribute to the excess breeding for financial game by the pet store line and bought myself a Pulchra sling. Now I have a G. Pulchra, two avic Versicolors, and a Chilobrachys Fimbriatus who only chews off cricket heads :) .

mischiefhaze

Arachnopeon
I don't and never have owned one. This is actually at the top of my wish list though, but still under a few pokie's. However I want one that is captive bred, 3" or larger.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first was a G. rosea....

I now have 5 adult females...5 unsexed slings...and 1 unsexed RCF sling...

Though... 2 of the adults & 3 slings are suppose to be my moms.. But she has got to where she never bothers with them.. So they have pretty much became mine.. :rolleyes:

Mara

Arachnopeon
It wasn't my first, as I too have a thing against getting the 'most common' things around. However, I ended up getting one, and then two slings only a couple of days later. So now I own three of them... :eek: